Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2006 3:17:26 PM EDT
There are alot of people out there selling military equiptment, (optics, mags, rails, BUIS) I wouldn't want to take stuff when the boys overseas need it.

Is there anyway of telling if the part is military property,

I have been seeing alot of Aimpoints for sale on the web, any way of knowing if they are civilian or military, can you tell from the numbers (do they have serial numbers?)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
To bad Mr Rogers isn't here, he'd know what to do...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
basically i am asking how i can ID certain things that are Government equiptment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
basically i am asking how i can ID certain things that are Government equiptment.

if it's on ebay and it's cheap, or it's a matech BUIS, then it's probably Stolen Government Property.  You're no the kind of guy who would buy SGP, are you?  Give our men the stuff they need to win!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if it's on ebay and it's cheap, or it's a matech BUIS, then it's probably Stolen Government Property.  You're no the kind of guy who would buy SGP, are you?  Give our men the stuff they need to win!

I saw a used Aimpoint for 250 bucks that I was considering because its in my area, should I go for it, any way to ID a Army Aimpoint from a civilian aimpoint?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, if it's an Aimpoint  just bid on it.  They all look the same from what I've seen.  If you don't buy it, someone else will.  Matechs are a bit different since they are gov't only.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, if it's an Aimpoint  just bid on it.  They all look the same from what I've seen.  If you don't buy it, someone else will.  At $250, I would be more worried about the function of it than it being military, but you never know. :)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Honestly, if it's an Aimpoint  just bid on it.  They all look the same from what I've seen.  If you don't buy it, someone else will.  At $250, I would be more worried about the function of it than it being military, but you never know. :)

Is 250 a smoking deal? Do they break very often?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

buy it.
the only thing that is pretty much SGP "for sure" are the Matech BUIS.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[ or it's a matech BUIS, then it's probably Stolen Government Property.  [/qoute]

Bullshit.............
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#10]
pcurtis

Bullshit.............

Then prove him wrong...... (you must of bought one...)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
pcurtis

Bullshit.............

Then prove him wrong...... (you must of bought one...)

No, but this is the Internet so all must be true.  Actually, Harv24, I expected better of you based on your prior posts. No prove him right....  Nobody has provided proof  a DoD or DOHS ban on the sale, it has just been Inernet BS to date.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

buy it.
the only thing that is pretty much SGP "for sure" are the Matech BUIS.

so everything else should be ok?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=265710

The Manufacturer is saying Gov. sales only, any one else want o call MATECH???

Notice how no one has bought direct from them but thru third party sales on EE boards.

I believe the expression is " In Police work..that's known as a clue"!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it's definitely a great deal, and I would buy it, personally.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#15]
https://aais.ria.army.mil/aais/award_web_05/W52H0905D01270000/000000.pdf

Heres a link to the contract. And if you go on MATECH's Web site, it's an informational website and not a "Hey cool , add this to my shopping cart" kinda sight.

I sent an email to There Government sales guy, I'll see what I get for a response tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag on the Matech info.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#17]
There are some interesting arguements about the Matech sights.  MSTN had them, so that tends to make one believe they are available legally.  I seem to remember Eagle Firearms having them also at one point?  As for federal surplus, 1005 (firearms equipment) items via DRMO are not available to get at this time due to the War.  I have placed calls to Matech and can not get a straight answer out of them.  Not to say that individuals that have called Matech are wrong, I just have not gotten the same answer....There seems to be a ton of them out there to get, and the only DOD people that I actually see using them is Air Force Security Forces.  Look at Colts new piston driven upper/rifle, it has one on it.  So either they are out there illegally and OSI, CID, etc. could care less.  Or they are out there legally due to whatever reason.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Aimpoints are different- those are sold all over the country.  Matech BUISs are only sold on Ebay and in dark alleys.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Won't the aimpoint have a NSN# instead of a model number on it?

My CompM has nothing on it.  Only the instruction manual and accessories say Aimpoint.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Aimpoints are different- those are sold all over the country.  Matech BUISs are only sold on Ebay and in dark alleys.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
https://aais.ria.army.mil/aais/award_web_05/W52H0905D01270000/000000.pdf

Heres a link to the contract. And if you go on MATECH's Web site, it's an informational website and not a "Hey cool , add this to my shopping cart" kinda sight.

I sent an email to There Government sales guy, I'll see what I get for a response tomorrow.

I’m looking forward to this! Keep us informed!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top