Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:42:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 6:43:14 PM EDT by Sumdumgi]
I am a Newbie and just bought a DPMS ap4 ar15. After reading all the Aimpoint/Tacpoint posts I have decided on the Tacpoint. It comes with 2 30mm weaver rings. My question is do I have to use both rings? I am thinking about buying this mount but not sure if it will work. I want to be able to use the fixed sights with the red dot. The mount says only one weaver base...

Your opinions or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:45:56 PM EDT
you are mounting in the carry handle?
use a tall or cantliver mount designed for or after the aimpoint mounts if mounting on the flattop.
on carry handle i would not know since it is not my prefered way of mounting optics
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:33:17 PM EDT
I think the 2 ring tacpoints may be a little big for a goose neck mount, of couse I dont have any first hand experience with either the mount or 2 ring tacpoint.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:59:42 AM EDT
I don’t believe the 2-ring Tacpoint is designed to be used with only one ring, and second, I too think it might possibly be too long for that mount. If your dead set on using that mount and an Aimpoint knock off, skip the Tacpoint and go with a Aimpoint clone off the E n’ E here or search for a used single ring Tacpoint.
Top Top