Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:47:39 AM EDT
Will a cut down carry handle work as a buis for a eotech? Does anyone use this? Can you recomend a good BUIS? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I ran a CCH/EOTech set up for a few years. Yes it will work, you will have an absolute co-witness which will put the irons in the center of the EOTechs Field Of View.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it should work, I have seen some photos here that have cut down carry handle sights.

(ETA: See above pic and others in the Official AR15.com Picture Thread in the AR Discussions board.)

Mine is not a cut down but a fixed LMT BUIS, see my pic link.

Other nice fixed BUIS is the LaRue and for flip up BUIS Troy, GG&G, KAC and Matech.

See the tacked thread "The Big Bad BUIS FAQ" in this same Optics, Mounts and Sights board.

Pic of my EOTech 551 and LMT BUIS link
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the Arms #40.  It flips down and out of the way.  With the flip of the lever, it springs back up and cowitnesses.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Will a cut down carry handle work as a buis for a eotech? Does anyone use this? Can you recomend a good BUIS? Thanks.

Definetly.  So far, I like my LMT with eothingy.  Prefer directly to FT but also use a YHM riser occasionally.  No, the rear sight does not bother me - just move my cheek weld a fraction and I can look over it.  I train with irons 70% and Eo the other 30% or so.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I really like the Arms #40.  It flips down and out of the way.  With the flip of the lever, it springs back up and cowitnesses.

+1
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top