Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:37:28 PM EDT
This is not a very popular configuration, however it is what I think I prefer for myself.  I am going to mount a Leupold 1-4x shotgun scope on my m4gery.  Given the nature of the M4, I want to keep scope mounts lightweight and inobtrusive (compared to the RRA highrise scope mount for example).  I know that the scope doesn't have to be mounted nearly as high when using a standard telescoping stock versus a normal, fixed buttstock.  What scope mount would the Arfcom crowd recommend for this setup?

The rifle will mostly be used for hunting.  I may mount the scope on my M4 when I go to the sandbox this summer.

Thanks, J
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
larue tactical spr or spr-e depending on the eye relief of the scope.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a YHM rail extension and a pair of ARMS #22 rings for mine, whenever I get around to mounting it. I tried it on another AR with a shotgun scope, and it worked well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I went that route with the leupold 1-4x20 with Warne ultra high MAGNUM SPECIAL APPLICATION SCOPE RINGS. I had the  SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD (LT104) and I have to say by far its the best mount I've had yet. Although its costly the rings\mounts I've chosen do fine for the scope sitting in them. I was thinking about moving the first ring forward to the first notch back on the rail system. I need to look into the reliability factor and if it will hold zero or not. the DD FF rail system seems to be the best build rail system on the market today for the $$ but I can only trust it so far if you know what I mean....Thats another thread...

Quoted:
This is not a very popular configuration, however it is what I think I prefer for myself.  I am going to mount a Leupold 1-4x shotgun scope on my m4gery.  Given the nature of the M4, I want to keep scope mounts lightweight and inobtrusive (compared to the RRA highrise scope mount for example).  I know that the scope doesn't have to be mounted nearly as high when using a standard telescoping stock versus a normal, fixed buttstock.  What scope mount would the Arfcom crowd recommend for this setup?

The rifle will mostly be used for hunting.  I may mount the scope on my M4 when I go to the sandbox this summer.

Thanks, J

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top