Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2006 8:02:23 AM EDT
Even after all  the cant problems I bought the 551, that will sit on my LMT Flat top!

My other rifle has a ML2/Arms goose neck and CO WITTS   I love it!

QUESTION whats the best way for the EOTECH?

Leave it on the flat top alone? wich Im leaning towards

or a Larue mount?

I wish I could mount like the arms 39/Ml2

To take ALL THE ADVANTGE!

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
i did this

but if i had to do it again id ditch the larue mount. It's not a bad mount, but for me it makes getting a good cheek weld almost impossible with the magpul stock.  Without the mount it co witnesses perfectly. Some like the larue because it moves the front sight into the lower 3rd of the screen. For me i dont care anymore.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#2]
It just came in 1/2hr. ago! 551 from SWFA Had it next day air anyway.

It was easy as pie! I will stick with the Plain jane way, I love it!

Its hard to compare with my ML2/arms goose neck!
I do belive I can hit faster with the aimpoint, since it sits above the handguards and bigger dot

Other than that I cant wait to get the 551 zero and shooting 200yrds with the 1moa dot!

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#3]

I mounted my new 551 which I got from Grant of G&R Tactical last week, without any mounts for now on my LMT.

I'm thinking of getting a LaRue mount because I'm not used to center cowitness, my Aimpoint on my middy Colt 6721 is set up with lower 1/3 cowitness.

I like both dot sights so far but I'm just trying to get used to the large 65 MOA ring of the EOTech.

Congrats.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Got back from the range!
I set out a target about 25 yards or so , to get it on Paper.

I fierd 2 rds of LCM855 and both rounds hit the 10 ring I about shit!

Then move to 50 yards to fine tune!

Its Cold ,Wet Nasty and Windy so I didnt shoot any further!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top