Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:18:40 AM EDT
I was looking at this scope last night, looks nice well made are they worth the $699.99 or should you save your money?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't have daytime illumination and it's heavy.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at the IOR 1.1-4x or the IOR M2 4x for a more cost effective alternative, just as high quality glasswork, durability, and better reticles.  Leupold does awesome work, but I think IOR does that type of scope better.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Works fine for me. I had it on my Bushmaster V-Match 16" for a while. No reason not to go with it if that's what you want.

Right now it's on my Beretta Cx4 Storm. Probably overkill for that, but I have an IOR M2 on my BM right now that I'm waiting to play with.

The CQ/T is a great scope. Ask SinistralRifleman... he uses it quite a bit from what I've read and I'd take his word over a lot of people around here that shit talk the scope but have probably only finger fucked it at a gunshow.

thread link
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It doesn't have daytime illumination and it's heavy.

Mine was illuminated.  I don't have it anymore.  I think it had 2 NV settings and 10 or so daytime settings.  

It was a good quality scope.  The 1-3X magnification works well for shorter ranges.  I was able to shoot pretty accurately with it.

I got rid of mine because it was  heavy and a bit awkard.   I had it mounted on an A2 at the time.  The cheek weld was kinda high.  I have since switched most of my ARs over to flat tops.  I think it would "fit" better on the flattop.  

I think you could do better than $699 if you keep an eye out on the EE for one.  I think I bought mine for about $550 or 600 like new and sold it for $500 when I got tired of it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#7]

I spent a lot of time comparing the different scopes on the market and came to the conclusion that the best two were the Leupold CQ/T and the Trijicon TA-21. When it came time to spend the money I went with the CQ/T.  Both are good but I liked the CQ/T retical style a little better and I liked the fact that it's a little shorter overall.

Some on the forum knock it's weight but I don't find it that heavy. Also you must consider that one does not need to add the weight of a mount since it's built into the base of the CQ/T.

My rifle is a RR upper and lower with a 16" stainless barrel, Larue 9" forend, Magpul M93b & MIAD. I will be posting pictures of it when it's done.  

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top