Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 4:14:46 PM EDT
Lets say you have a $400 budget.

Which of these scope/ring setups would you get for an AR-15 flat top.

a.) 10X Super Sniper and Warne QD rings

or

b.) Bushnell 3200 Mil Dot and Larue SPR mount.

I am leaning toward b.) because I thnk the scope will be better positioned and the 3200 is a little brighter and clearer than the SS.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:35:19 PM EDT
b.) Bushnell 3200 Mil Dot and Larue SPR mount.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:31:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 9:31:50 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]
i would save up and get the larue and 10x42m side focus ss.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:39:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:30:12 AM EDT
I use the Warne QD rings on my SPR-Thing. They are very good quality and reasonably priced, but though they are quick-detach, they do NOT repeat zero when dismounted and reinstalled.

I hear nothing but good about the LaRue mounts, WRT durability and zero repeatability. I also believe that a good scope in an excellent mount will serve you better than an excellent scope in a lesser mount. I would have to recommend option B.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:34:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shooter521:
I use the Warne QD rings on my SPR-Thing. They are very good quality and reasonably priced, but though they are quick-detach, they do NOT repeat zero when dismounted and reinstalled.

I hear nothing but good about the LaRue mounts, WRT durability and zero repeatability. I also believe that a good scope in an excellent mount will serve you better than an excellent scope in a lesser mount. I would have to recommend option B

Good to know about the Warne QD's, I have a pair for a project I am working on. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:46:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hellhound:
Good to know about the Warne QD's, I have a pair for a project I am working on. Thanks!

You're welcome. I only plan on removing the scope from my SPR in an emergency (i.e. it goes TU), so the Warne rings do fine for me. If you plan to swap optics frequently and/or RTZ is a must, pay the extra $$ and go with an ARMS or LaRue mount instead.

Top Top