Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:55:09 AM EDT
I recently bought an Armalite M-15A4 carbine, and topped it with an EOtech 512.  The performance so far has been very nice - accurage and no malfunctions.

Yesterday I tried shooting from inside my barn (quite dark) to a target in bright sunlight about 50 yards away.  The target was a standard NRA pistol target, with an aiming black of about 2.5".  What  surprised me was that at the medium "turn on" setting, the reticle totally washed out.  I had to run it up to the brightest setting to see the center reticle dot against the black, and even then it was marginal.  The reticle actually showed up better against the buff-colored paper.  

Anyhow, the lesson for me, as has been said on this forum plenty of times, is that training must include all conditions.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top