Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/5/2006 5:46:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 9:19:32 PM EDT by LArifleMAN]
I bought an used Eotech off of another board, the model number escapes me but it take the N batteries and is NV capable.
Seller said it worked fine, just a few cosmetic dings. So I bought some batteries for it today and it won't turn on Why Why Why, I bought more batteries and tried new ones I switched up the batteries and still

I contacted the seller a few minutes ago to hopefully get some light shed on the situation. Anyone hav any ideas?Will Eotech fix a broken unit if it is in fact broken?

Help guys.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:13:18 PM EDT
Are you turning it on by pressing the right button?

Yes, EOTech has a two-year warranty. Call them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:14:49 PM EDT
Try cleaning the battery contacts with a pencil eraser.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:18:22 PM EDT
EOTech has a no questions asked repair policy. And they have a quick turnaround.

I sent Dennis Finnegan an email telling him my problem (mine wouldnt turn off), he told me to try something, I did to no avail, he gave me a return number and told me to send it in.

IIRC, it took 2 or 3 weeks and I had a brand new unit. My old one was a Rev D, he sent me a brand new Rev F.

No worries man.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:19:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ODA_564:
Are you turning it on by pressing the right button?

Yes, EOTech has a two-year warranty. Call them.

Pretty sure I'm pressing the right button..there is on, off and NV and I tried looking through my NVGs to see if that was working and nadda, tried the earaser thing too.

As for warrenty, it did not come with a box or papers is the warrenty still good?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:21:09 PM EDT
IM inbound

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:51:58 PM EDT
I would just like to comment on my expierence on the phone today,

These people are AWESOME, 3 min converstation and I get a fixed sight with upgraded buttons and all for the price of shipping.

Thanks Eotech
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:17:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LArifleMAN:

These people are AWESOME, 3 min converstation and I get a fixed sight with upgraded buttons and all for the price of shipping.

Thanks Eotech

That's great, It's nice to know that they have a great warranty and are easy to deal with.

I just got my new EOTech 551 NV model using N batteries just like yours, today and I like it so far.

I'm a long time Aimpoint user since the late '80s but my new EOTech is an improvement from my current M2 dot sight.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:50:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LArifleMAN:

Thanks Eotech

I love to say I told you so.........

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:22:26 PM EDT
Finally got my Eotech back today after about 2 weeks and man I'm happy.

Greatest CS in the world, I got a brand new box, thumb screw, rubber buttons, updated battery connection points....practically a new sight....all for the cost of shipping.

THANKS EOTECH

Definately made a new loyal customer out of me.....and I had bought the unit second hand too
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:28:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:
I love to say I told you so.........

Even under new ownership, EOTech rox!

Top Top