Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:29:43 AM EDT
Anyone ever use a HiViz front site on their AR? Any pros or cons?

E
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I put one on the 20" barrel on my 870. As said, the dot is now bigger and it makes my shotty shoot a little low. Guess maybe subconsciously I'm sighting on the top of the dot rather than the middle. But I'm only talking about an inch or so at 25 ft or so. So a center-of-mass shot will still be a center-of-mass hit.

Plus you need to remember these things work only if there's some light available. They are not a "night vision" sight by any means.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Def.something to chew on for awhile. I was even thinking of getting some incandesent (sp) paint for the tip of the stock front site as well so I don't have to swap anything.

E
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top