Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/1/2006 3:33:34 PM EDT
1) I need some type of slight riser to use my EOTech 511 on my DPMS AP4 .308 flatop as it currently cowitnesses perfectly on the front sight. Looking for something cheap, not a $99 "tactical riser."

2) I need a lower profile Aimpoint mount for my Kreb's KTR-03S AK to lower the Aim point enough on the top rail to at least allow partial co-witness of the sights, they are very close and I have seen some Aimpoint mounts that do co-witness on this same rifle. The Aimpoint is one of those $70 knockoffs from canada with the non-cantilever mount and it has worked flawlessly.

I'm going to the SHOTshow with my company so I may as well pick up both there if I can't find a decent place to order them.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:04:03 PM EDT
Can’t help you with #1 but for #2 I’d take a look at the Aimpoint X-wide low mount.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:07:33 PM EDT
The YHM eotech riser is great for the money. Make sure you get the new style. It is the type that where the two small set screws are it should be one continous piece underneath. Old style has each set screw withits own "stake" - they are not connected. New style they ARE connected.

For $30-40 you cannot beat it. It raises my eothingamob about 1/4".
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:21:53 PM EDT
1) Get the YHM Riser if you're not willing to spend the $ to get the 'good stuff'.

2) Lowest Aimpoint mount I know of is the basic Aimpoint ring. It used to be included free with the CompM Aimpoints, dealers get something like $15-$20 for one.
Top Top