Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:17:06 PM EDT
I know what I want but I'm having a little trouble finding the right scope/red dot.

I really like the red dot/illumination idea but at the same time I want magnification.  For the type of shooting I will be doing, I don't think I will need anything over 4x or so.  If there is such a scope, I would prefer for it to be mounted on the upper rail only.  Everything I am looking for is pretty much pointing to an ACOG but I don't know if I can spend that much money on an optic right now.  Are there any other good quality optics on the market that aren't as expensive as an ACOG with these features?  I may just have to sacrifice for a red dot/holo sight and add an Aimpoint 3x magnifier later.  If this is the best idea, should I stay with the red-dot or move to an EOtech? (I would imagine that this is just a choice of personal preference.

Sorry for all the questions.  I'm just trying to make sure I have all the information before I spend the money.  Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon 1.25-4X will work better for your requirements than the ACOG and it costs less too.  I prefer a true 1X on the low end but those are more expensive than the ACOG for the most part.  I suggest also looking for a good deal on a Meopta Meostar 1-4X.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:28:23 AM EDT
[#2]
If it is for Law Enforcement or Military get a red dot or a trijicon.  If it isn't get a variable scope like an IOR 1.1X4 or Horus Vision 1X4 or the new Leupold Mark 4 1.5X5 or the Leupold CQT with the new reticle or the Trijicon Accupoint.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top