Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 7:58:50 PM EDT
I need help deciding on a scope. I am going to be putting this on a 16" Beowulf. I plan on shooting from 50-100yrds with this rifle. I would like something with a large FOV like a 50mm objective. 30mm tube is a plus also but not nessicery.

I would like a variable zoom 3-9x or something to that effect.

Looking to spend around $300-$400 for a scope along with a qualty mount (non QD), But that sits the scope a little higher than normal. I have a PRS stock so cheek weld is not an issue.

Thanks,
Josh

---------------------------
OK I decided on a Leopold VX-II 3-9x50 Here

Now my quetion is what kind of mount/scope rings do you recommend? Cheek Weld is not a big issue as I have a PRS stock. I do not plan on taking it of so it does not need to be WD. Just able to stand the recoil of the beowulf and hold zero.

Josh
---------------------------
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
im thinkin you meant 50-100 yds.  what are you usin it for.  that big of a scope may be fine for the range, but not the field.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
For 50-100yd work with a Beowolf, I would recommend either an Aimpoint or Eotech.  

Why do you want any magnification for that range?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For 50-100yd work with a Beowolf, I would recommend either an Aimpoint or Eotech.  

Why do you want any magnification for that range?

I want a magnified optic. I do not want to use a reddot,  I just can't seem to get precision out of my EOTech like I want, and I want a little more percision on my beowulf.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Leupold makes a 3-9x50 that may be what you are looking for, even though it's a 1" tube. SWFA has them and they are a good company to do business with.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:47:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Leupold makes a 3-9x50 that may be what you are looking for, even though it's a 1" tube. SWFA has them and they are a good company to do business with.

Yep, there is a Vari III that fits your description.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, there is a Vari III that fits your description.

Yea bu the VX-III is a little outta the price range Im looking to spend. The rifleman however is a nice looking scope.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I have no experience with the Beowolf and was wondering about the recoil. How does it compare to 5.56 or .308? And would this be a factor in deciding on a scope for the rifle?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have no experience with the Beowolf and was wondering about the recoil. How does it compare to 5.56 or .308? And would this be a factor in deciding on a scope for the rifle?

Recoil is about like a 12 gauge, probally less but its been a while since I shot mine :(... Been outta ammo. Its not nearly as bad as you would think. I can 60 rounds through a bushnell elite 3200 and it and kept on trucking, but I want to use the 3200 on somehting else so im looking at a little bit better scope for this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#10]
OK I decided on a Leopold VX-II 3-9x50 Here

Now my quetion is what kind of mount/scope rings do you recommend? Cheek Weld is not a big issue as I have a PRS stock. I do not plan on taking it of so it does not need to be WD. Just able to stand the recoil of the beowulf and hold zero.

Josh
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top