Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 12:34:01 PM EDT
Anyone own one of these little sights?

www.atncorp.com/DayOptics/ReflexSights/ATNUltraSightDigitalCompact

I'd like to put a small, lightweight red dot on my rifle's free float tube at 2 o'clock for 3-gun, but the OKO that seems so popular is hard to get, and since it's 100% plastic, including the mount claws, it makes me wonder how long it would last incompetition while getting banged around. I've also looked at the JPoint sight, but I was hoping to find something that had a metal body or hood for better durability. The reticle is either a 4MOA dot, or a three post plus dot arrangement.

Owner reviews or feedback welcomed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't own one, but I've read numerious posts that say they're less than reliable.  Money would be better spent obtaining a JPoint or Doctor Optic if you're looking for compact sight.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had mine for going on about 6 months.

It has been used on both a .223 and a .308, and so far no problems. It zeroed on both rifles, and held zero with round counts so far up to about 500.

Based on my experience so far:
PROS
Price
Multiple reticle patterns user can select with switch
Ability to turn it on and off, and adjust brightness with switch

CONS
Size / Weight
Does not have the track record of the JPoint or Docter

I bought mine because I wanted to see how I liked a miniature red dot backup in combination with my scopes, but I did not want to spend $200-$300 on the JPoint or Docter to find out that I did not like it.

So far, I like it a lot!

At this point, I am going to keep using it until it gives me trouble. If it craps out or gives me trouble I will replace it with a JPoint or Docter.

At this point I would say it is OK on the firing range, but I would not put it on a rifle that will be used for Law Enforcement or Military application.

Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions let me know.

Good Luck,
“Capt Richardson”
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
hey captrichardson where did you get yours? tried sending you an im but your im's are turned off.

could you measure the optic from the top of the rail to the center of the glass?

i have been thinking about this exact one for my ar pistol.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top