Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:49:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 8:56:53 AM EDT by Disco_Stu_TX]
1.) Why would one want the 40L over the SP?
2.) Does the Troy BUIS come with 2 actual apetures or is it a single with and insert like the ARMS?
3.) Why should I shell out the extra cash for a troy (which I like) over an ARMS 40L SP
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:58:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Disco_Stu_TX:
1.) Why would one want the 40L over the SP?

Smaller profile (helps if your scope has a large lens), also it's apertures are on the same plane

2.) Does the Troy BUIS come with 2 actual apetures or is it a single with and insert like the ARMS?

2 Apertures

3.) Why should I shell out the extra cash for a troy (which I like) over an ARMS 40L SP

The Troy is built stronger IMHO. It locks in the up position (the ARMS is held in place by springs - each method has it's advantages & disadvantages).
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:39:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 10:42:45 AM EDT by macros73]
I had the opportunity to handle both the Troy rear BUIS and the ARMS #40L at a recent show. The Troy seemed more solidly build and locked in the up position.

The Troy does have two actual apertures on a pivot. They "lock" into place but modest finger pressure is enough to flip them.

The default aperature is the "large" aperature, which I prefer.

After handling them both, I went with the Troy rear BUIS even though its price was higher. Thanks, Pennsylvania Defense Consultants!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:32:55 AM EDT
I just bought the Troy too!
Top Top