Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:49:21 AM EDT
1.) Why would one want the 40L over the SP?
2.) Does the Troy BUIS come with 2 actual apetures or is it a single with and insert like the ARMS?
3.) Why should I shell out the extra cash for a troy (which I like) over an ARMS 40L SP
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
1.) Why would one want the 40L over the SP?

Smaller profile (helps if your scope has a large lens), also it's apertures are on the same plane

2.) Does the Troy BUIS come with 2 actual apetures or is it a single with and insert like the ARMS?

2 Apertures

3.) Why should I shell out the extra cash for a troy (which I like) over an ARMS 40L SP

The Troy is built stronger IMHO.  It locks in the up position (the ARMS is held in place by springs - each method has it's advantages & disadvantages).
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I had the opportunity to handle both the Troy rear BUIS and the ARMS #40L at a recent show.  The Troy seemed more solidly build and locked in the up position.

The Troy does have two actual apertures on a pivot.  They "lock" into place but modest finger pressure is enough to flip them.

The default aperature is the "large" aperature, which I prefer.

After handling them both, I went with the Troy rear BUIS even though its price was higher.  Thanks, Pennsylvania Defense Consultants!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought the Troy too!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top