Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:03:32 PM EDT
Anyone use this scope? Im lookin to grab one for one of my carbines, preferrably the model with the CQB recticle. Also, any baord sponsors stock these?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:02:23 AM EDT
I bought the 4 x 24 M2 thinking it was a reasonable alternative to the higher priced ACOG. It lasted a week. I sold it for less than I paid for it and bought the TA-11. I am not a big fan of this IOR scope for anything other than bench work. Others opinions may vary. I rarely hear board members post....."gee, this ACOG didn't meet my expectations."

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:39:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:18:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Glock63:
Anyone use this scope? Im lookin to grab one for one of my carbines, preferrably the model with the CQB recticle. Also, any baord sponsors stock these?

You can't beat it for the price. It is a good scope. The BDC is great. If you want a higher magnification check out the Super M2, which is a 6x version. USAOPTICS.NET sells them for dirt cheap. THe 1.1x4 is also a good choice if you need a 1 magnification. I personally own the 2x12-32 and wouldn't want any other scope.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:19:49 PM EDT
I use one on my rifle here in Iraq, and I have dropped targets with it from 5 to 275m. It has stood up to the use and abuse in a combat environment. It has proven itself to me! hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:41:01 PM EDT
Phoebus, glad to hear the scope has held up nicely for you. Is your model the 4x24 M-2, illuminated?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:54:57 AM EDT
I have one on one of my carbines and it has performed very well. The CQB reticle works very well for me. I suspect that the BDC is calibrated for a 20" barrel, but it is pretty much right on at 300 yards on my 16". Mine is bright and clear. The scope seems extremely rugged. It even works well up close with both eyes open.

I have also run mine with the objective cap closed and the illumination cranked all the way up. This makes an ocluded eye scope of sorts. It works very well for moving fast on close targets.

All is not roses though. It can be a bit of a pain to zero. It is also on the heavy side. The field of view is somewhat narrow as well (learn to shoot with both eyes open).

All in all, for the money, I don't think any other optic can compare.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:42:23 AM EDT

Phoebus, glad to hear the scope has held up nicely for you. Is your model the 4x24 M-2, illuminated?

Yup, 4x24 M-2 Illuminated w/ CQB reticle and BDC cam calibrated for .223 62gr., mounted in IOR steel high QD rings.

I like the BDC cam better than using a BDC reticle like on an ACOG. YMMV.

Not the prettiest scope ever, but it is built like a tank, the glasswork is incredible better than my issued ACOG), and I really like the reticle. I'm a designated marksman, and I use it on my DMR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:56:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:43:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RS39:

Originally Posted By Phoebus:

Yup, 4x24 M-2 Illuminated w/ CQB reticle and BDC cam calibrated for .223 62gr., mounted in IOR steel high QD rings.

Not the prettiest scope ever, but it is built like a tank, the glasswork is incredible better than my issued ACOG), and I really like the reticle. I'm a designated marksman, and I use it on my DMR.

Thanks for the feedback.
So did you get the fixed 4x as one less thing to wrong compared to the 1-4x, like one less dial to get gritted up or botch a fast range estimation on mystery x?

All of the above, but most particularly for one less level of complexity. I like to know that when I glass something I am at a known magnification without checking. It greatly speeds up the process for me. When I leave Iraq I plan on getting one of the 1-4x models for bench and non-combat shooting.

Also, I've used the optic with the objective lens cap closed in a two-eye BAC style for CQB, and it has worked for mehug.gif

There is a thread on here about the new "improved CQB" reticle that IOR is coming out with. I don't think they have it on the M2 yet, just the more expensive models, but when they do come out with it I plan on selling this one and getting the new reticle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:58:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RS39:

Thanks for the feedback.
So did you get the fixed 4x as one less thing to wrong compared to the 1-4x, like one less dial to get gritted up or botch a fast range estimation on mystery x?

All of the above, but most particularly for one less level of complexity. I like to know that when I glass something I am at a known magnification without checking. It greatly speeds up the process for me. When I leave Iraq I plan on getting one of the 1-4x models for bench and non-combat shooting.

Also, I've used the optic with the objective lens cap closed in a two-eye BAC style for CQB, and it has worked for me

There is a thread on here about the new "improved CQB" reticle that IOR is coming out with. I don't think they have it on the M2 yet, just the more expensive models, but when they do come out with it I plan on selling this one and getting the new reticle.

I called IOR about the possibility of putting the "new" reticle in an M2, and they told me "no". He said there was no need as the M2 was their biggest seller already. (don't mess with a good thing I guess).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:07:15 PM EDT
I like the heavy circle of the current CQB reticle. I just wish it lit up.
Top Top