Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:50:01 AM EDT
Hey,

I have an AR15 with a hande on the top, is it worth it to buy a SPOT scope and mount it on top of the handle?  Or will it be too high from the barrel to even be effective at different ranges?  I am kind of a n00b at rifle shooting, compared to handgun shooting, but I would like to get into shooting a rifle with a scope like the SPOT.  If so I might order one from C4, I just read that whole thread heh.

Thanks,
Alex
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody know?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
you could get the gooseneck mount to put the "spot" above the handguards.

csgunworks offers some cheap ones and im sure grant could point you in the right direction as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Aimpoint mounted to the carry handle of my CAR. Before flattop uppers entered the scene CH mounted optics was how it was done. I don’t find it too high at all, it’s just not as “cool” or popular anymore.

My CAR:

How it was done in the day. Pic from a recent ARFCOM Blackhawk Down thread.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top