Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:01:45 PM EDT
Hello, I want to mount a leupy VXI on my flat top and got a question about heights of rings and what I would like. I have used a Larue SPR eer mount which is very very nice, but a little low in my opinion. I would like something a little higher and I was looking at the ARMS quick release lever ones but I want to know which height would be best. The guy at the gun store said you really need the Extra High one's for the AR but I don't know if he's fully correct. I've also looked through the armalite one and that one seemed way too low. Like I was jamming my face into the stock. And someone else just posted some cool ones in another thread and I thing they are the warne detachable ones.

So really my question is, which one's would you all suggest, given my parameters or liking them a little higher than the norm, and where do I get them for the best price if you don't mind me askin?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:42:34 PM EDT
The Armalite mount is both a base and rings in one piece. It puts the centerline of the scope at the same height as the A2's iron sights. Also, the Armalite mount has enough needed forward offset to give needed eye relief. Also available in 30mm version. Price is good, $89.00. It is what I used with my Vari-X III.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:04:21 AM EDT
Excellent picture and post. However, I've looked through a scope with them and I found it to be to low to my liking. I'm sure it's the same height as the irons but I find looking through a scope on an ar to be more comfortable a little higher. Keeps my head straighter up. I don' know if it's possible, but that is my criteria.

But thank you again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 6:08:27 AM EDT by eklikwhoa]
most to all std rings and qd mounts are about the same height. majority of rings or mounts i have seen are around 1.5" and thats pretty comfortable for me. 1.5" rings seem a bit tall and any taller i would be hesitant to use. i would rather use a solid rail riser to mount shorter solid ring to.

get a rail riser.

yhm, arms, larue, etc. offer them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:53:42 AM EDT
What's the objective diameter on your Vari=X III?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:45:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jeffdt:

I don't know 36? It's the 2 x 7 leupy VXI
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:53:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JJREA:

Originally Posted By jeffdt:

I don't know 36? It's the 2 x 7 leupy VXI

Im going to be mounting a Zeiss with a 44mm objective on my flat top. I was just curious about the clearance. Go Badgers!
Top Top