Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 1:17:34 PM EDT
I have recently read just about every FAQ on this site that relates to AR-15s, and a great deal of posts in my searches. The one topic I have not seen discussed is if it is possible to mount an ACOG with 3.5 or 4x magnification in a co-witeness configuration with flip-up front and rear sights.

I have a Del-Ton flattop upper than I would love to put a TA31F on... I also have front and rear flip-up BUIS. I know you can mount the ACOG height wise to co-witness if one is to use a 1x model--however that is not what I want.

Is it possible to mount the ACOG up a bit with a proper mount accesory so one can use either site at the same time. (Maybe not defined as cowitness--so much as being both available 100% of the time)

I had planned on mounting the ACOG to the flattop and having the flip-ups for BU purposes, but if possible I would like to be able to use both without removing the ACOG--and without sacrificing magnification.

Flame on...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
At 3.5x of 4x the front site post would be pretty blurry. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work out too well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Impossible. You cannot put one sight in front of and one sight behind your ACOG. If you want to use irons too, you need a LaRue mount so you can jettison the ACOG and flip the irons.

If you MUST have both systems available, you will need a Compact ACOG mounted on a carry handle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Example

CJ is correct .
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I understand that I cannot look through the magnafied ACOG with the irons---it would surely be too blury, however I guess my question could be simplified to:

Is there a mount for the ACOG that mounts it off to one side of the rifle?

This would allow the BUIS a direct path while the ACOG would be out of the BUIS line of sight.
Or would this make it impossible to zero?

Thanks for the help, and not burning me alive.

Dave

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
No such mount.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, thats what I needed to know....

Of course my first question if anyone did say there was one was going to be related to balance.... Guess thats why there isn't one...

Thanks for the info.

Dave
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
You could try mounting it on one of these off the receiver rail.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top