Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 2:26:51 AM EDT
bought this at the gunshow last weekend, no markings except 3.5-10x50 long range
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]
probably no-name brand, cheap scope by one of the lesser companies probably.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#2]
it weren't cheap, i paid $220 for it, i found several of them on some auction sites and the prices were in the $150-160 range with several days left to bid, i just want to know who makes it, it is a very well made scope, it is as clear as my leupold, the clicks on the knobs are very precise and has an audible click so there is no doubt about the settings.
                   blackhawkkid223
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it weren't cheap, i paid $220 for it, i found several of them on some auction sites and the prices were in the $150-160 range with several days left to bid, i just want to know who makes it, it is a very well made scope, it is as clear as my leupold, the clicks on the knobs are very precise and has an audible click so there is no doubt about the settings.
                   blackhawkkid223

The price you paid does not dictate whether or not it is a "cheap" scope.  

Can you tell us more?  
What type of reticle does it have?  
Does it say where it's made?
Can you take a few more pics, especially of the knobs and eyepiece bell?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
                   blackhawkkid223

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Last time I was at teh fun show, there was an asian company selling a new brand of scope that was not badged. They looked similar to those and the knobs kind of remind me of NF's.

They had a cutaway model of that scope for display. Looked like a nice scope, but thats pretty much just from looks.

Let us know how it is.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Those rings look aweful.

Makes the Walmark rings look heavy duty!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
                   blackhawkkid223

there are some expensive cheap scopes out there. but since you already paid the money let us know how it works.

and +1 on getting some real rings for it
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#8]
those rings are for a 30mm pistol scope and are cut out of aluminum stock like an ar reciever,  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you using the blurring tool in Photoshop?

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
please delete complete post

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#11]
You hurt his feelings, you bastards!

First you tell him he paid too much money for a POS no-name scope, call his scope rings crap, then you criticize his photography skills.

Where is the love that used to permeate these boards? Where is the .... Oh wait, this is AR15.com, isn't it.

Kid, you're on your own. BSW
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
This is great. maybe after you spend the 2 bills on an product that doesnt even bare a logo or manufactures name , your getting second thoughts about it?

Either way, deal with it. If you didnt want to hear comments, you wouldnt have posted this on an internet forum.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#13]
no second thoughts  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#14]
please delete this complete thread. can't get any help.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Listen kid, you bought a cheap ass scope from some no-name company. Probably Chinese. I'm sure it'll work well enough but I wouldn't go betting my life on it. I mean really, does it matter who makes the scope? If it compares as well as you say it does to your Leupold, then hell, I guess you got a smoking deal. So you have a picture of your Leupold?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#16]
ibt trash

and i mean the thread not the scope
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top