Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 2:00:27 AM EDT
I'm trying to find an inexpensive riser base for my AR*, as I'm currently fairly strapped for funding and really can't justify $50ish for a riser alone (as they seem to average). I found one over at CDNN for $20 (with rings, which aren't really needed as I've already got some), but they've been sold out for a week.

Does anyone have a specific model and/or brand that I might want to look at, or give me some phrases I might try to strengthen my froogle-fu? I've tried various combinations of: ar-15, weaver, rail, riser, flat top, and a couple others I can't immediately recall.

* I got an Entry Tactical RRA from Pete in NH (ar15sales.com) a while ago. Nice, tight rifle (though I've not had much chance to shoot it yet)!

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:17:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Try giving some of these a look; YHM makes good quality stuff, and doesn't cost as much as most other brands. www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/rails.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
midwayusa has a weaver riser  made of synthetic  not metal. $15.00 i think it is.  Factory triggers are minimum  8 lbs. - 11 lbs. pull weight. A scope with a heavy trigger  would be useless. I have ordered a JARD adjustable trigger  1 - 4 1/2 lbs. and adjustable for creep and over travel from Gunsmoke Enterprises $110.00  best price that I have found.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]

I got a solid aluminum scope riser for 15 bucks from Pyramydair.com
you can see it action in the pic below

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top