Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 10:06:32 AM EDT
I am setting up my varmint AR (first AR and first build) I have the upper and all the lower parts are in the mail. But I am needing a good scope. I am looking at burris because I can get them cheap from a friend. I was looking at the Euro in a 1.5-6x40 configuration and also the sig select in the same power and wondering if the Euro is worth the differnce. I've had a Signature select before and was very satisfied but was curious if the 30mm tube is worth the differnce. Thanks for any input or advice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:41:41 AM EDT
What kind of varmints? If prarie dogs ar something that small I'd opt for a bit more magnification, maybe 12-14X at the higher end.

Signature Select ought to be plenty good enough. Euro scopes have 30mm tubes which offer more elevation adjustment. Lenses might also be a tad bigger, but that only helps at dusk/dawn. If popping dogs at midday, not needed. Extra elevation is useful if reaching way out there, but a regular 1" scope should be plenty for .223 varmint ranges.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:58:42 AM EDT
New from Burris

EuroDiamond 3P#4 ElectroDot Riflescopes
For the extreme low light hunting (and night hunting in parts of Europe), the 3X-12X-56mm and 2.5X-10X-50mm riflescopes deliver the ultimate in low light performance. The 1X-4X-24mm produces the largest field of view possible for dangerous game, deep woods hunting and moving game, and at 4X this scope can deal with any big game animal at several hundred yards. The 3P#4 ElectroDot reticle and turret-mounted illumination switch are the finishing touches on these ultimate low light scopes.

I think the one highlighted in blue has promise with a retail price of around $500. My experience with the Burris illumination has been less than favorable, BUT that was because it only has two settings, and the lowest was a tad too BRIGHT for night time use. For daylight use, the high setting was visible in daylight.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:19:08 PM EDT
I guess I should of said predator rifle mainly coyotes less than 200yds. The Euro is offerd in 1.5-6x40 with the illum. 3P#4 and also the electrodot and the Sign. only offers an electrodot in that power. I guess I got to decide if the 30mm is worth it.

Thanks
Top Top