Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 3:51:01 PM EDT
I am about to buy this scope http://www.usaoptics.net/iva1tasc.html  To mount on this rifle http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa3s20.asp . I would like to know if you guys believe this is a good purchase and why or why not. I would also like to know what you recomend for mounting options to clear the front sight. I would really like to hear some firsthand experience about this optic.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
does anyone out there have any experience with this particular IOR?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one last fall and I love it.  The optics are clear and the BDC is first rate.  I put it on a 20 inch A3.  I replaced the front sight with a low profile.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an IOR M2 mounted on a flattop with the IOR mount/ring kit.

The optics are crystal clear, sharp, just a fine scope.  Perfect for the AR-15.

ETA:   I never would have bought an IOR M2 just from seeing it in catalogs.  It took me seeing one mounted on a CAR-15, looking through it in low light conditions (about 8 pm), adjusting the lime green lit reticle to suit.  And looking through it the next day in daylight.  Just excellent.  I had to have one, and a week later I ordered one.

It is the ugliest scope I have ever seen.  Purely functional.  But also, it is built like a damn tank.  I am confident that it would hold up in conditions that would break most other scopes, including Leupold.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a BTT as I am about to make my purchase. I am still somewhat confused about my mounting options. While it seems that tall rings at 1.45in would serve the purpose there is also the matter of BUIS. Please understand that my budget is very thin here. My initial plan was to get  flip up front and rear sights and mount the scope low. However after adding the price for the sights then the rings the cost was alot more than I had anticipated. Infact every method I have found so far has been more costly than I had anticipated.  I am hoping for some education here on mounting options. One method (still costly) that has my attention is the swan sleave. If I were to use this method what size rings do I need at this point? I can never seem to find the actual height of rings in the sales literature. It always says low, medium, high. I am open to all input and suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This is a BTT as I am about to make my purchase. I am still somewhat confused about my mounting options. While it seems that tall rings at 1.45in would serve the purpose there is also the matter of BUIS. Please understand that my budget is very thin here. My initial plan was to get  flip up front and rear sights and mount the scope low. However after adding the price for the sights then the rings the cost was alot more than I had anticipated. Infact every method I have found so far has been more costly than I had anticipated.  I am hoping for some education here on mounting options. One method (still costly) that has my attention is the swan sleave. If I were to use this method what size rings do I need at this point? I can never seem to find the actual height of rings in the sales literature. It always says low, medium, high. I am open to all input and suggestions.

Have you paused to price the items of interest on the Equipment Exchange and on the websites of our own board supporting dealers (like Mike@CSGunWorkscom)?

If you haven't, I believe you can DEFINITELY save yourself some money by doing so.

Also, do some more searching on this website under "IOR" because this very scope has a brand new look and a new reticle design!

Lastly, Yankee Hill front and rear sights are VERY affordable, and are of excellent quality.  

There's always the option of buying the scope and mount now, then saving for the BUIS' later.  It's easier to buy the big ticket items up front, then save a little here and there to come up with $90 for a rear BUIS this month, $120 for a front BUIS next month.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Do yourself a favor and stay away from USAOptics.  They are a bunch a scumbags.  IM me if you want more info.  You should speak with Mike feom CSGunworks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do yourself a favor and stay away from USAOptics.  They are a bunch a scumbags.  IM me if you want more info.  You should speak with Mike feom CSGunworks.

I have not purchased from CSGunworks yet but I am looking at an IOR`s for on a 6.8 I am building.  I have spoke with them over the phone great folks.  Call them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#9]
whats up with UsaOptics?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought from USAoptics. Good people. Spoke with some of them at the gunshow. Answered every question, were patient, helpful. They let me check out and handle every single IOR scope they had. From M2's to the big sniper scopes. They even let me play with nightvision. They were not like the other IDIOT scumbag dealers who act like you're trying to molest their daughter when you ask to handle their merchandise.

Go with USA.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I bought from USAoptics. Good people. Spoke with some of them at the gunshow. Answered every question, were patient, helpful. They let me check out and handle every single IOR scope they had. From M2's to the big sniper scopes. They even let me play with nightvision. They were not like the other IDIOT scumbag dealers who act like you're trying to molest their daughter when you ask to handle their merchandise.

Go with USA.

Please...  You had one good experience at the gun show.  Some folks get burned, some get lucky.  But when you have several people from different directions telling you to "watch out", there's probably a good reason.

Here is your "feel good" experience at the gun show, X 1,000, but lacking ANY negative feedback whatsoever.

The best thing for me is, I can IM Mike a question or six about an optic, and ask his input... and he'll respond and actually give it!  

I choose to support dealers who support this site and it's members.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:39:07 AM EDT
[#12]
What's up with USAOptics?  Go to SnipersHide and look at posts from a guy named "Clearsight".  He works for USAOptics.  His name is Robert.  They ripped him.  And from my own experience, I bought an IOR 2X12-32 scope from them on 1-2-06 and I traded in my brand new Super M2 for $375.00.  Well, I got the IOR and I love it, but they never sent me the check for $375.00.  I talk to them on a weekly basis and nothing.  I am left with no choice but to take them to court.  And if I was the only one that this happened to, then I would agree that it was just me, but I talked to a lot of people who had similar things happen.  They were even surprised because they were so nice to them on the phone before the purchase, but after the purchase they never returned phone calls.  And I am not upset because I got screwed on the deal or anything, I am very happy with the deal, I am just pissed that they haven't sent me my check.  They act like a bunch of used car salesmen.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info, I will be looking into one of these scopes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I sent UsaOptics an email a couple of days ago about their price. Their add is not clear as to the price. They have not sent a reply. I am tempted to go with an M2 IOR instead. Price is killing my budget. Scope is usless without ammo. I will likely call mike at CSgunworks if I do that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top