Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 1:42:03 PM EDT
Will I have any issues putting a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40mm scope on a Stag Arms upper?  I sold a bolt-action varmint rifle to fund the purchase, and have the Nikon left over from the sale, so I figured I'd put it on my AR.  4.5x should be fine for close-range plinking, and 14x should allow for longer-range target work.

I'm mainly concerned with the front sight, will it be visible through the scope?

What are some good rings that will elevate the scope up enough to clear an ARMS #40A2 BUIS without putting it too high for a decent check weld?  The lower is also Stag Arms with a 6-position collapsible stock.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
the front sight wont be an issue.

i have used badger ordinance super highs mounted directly to the flattop and it works best, 1.4"
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top