Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:45:39 AM EDT
I would like to mount my Comp ML2 on an M4 flat top for 1/3 cowitnessing. Between the Larue and the ARMS mount (with tall spacer) - which is better?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:53:25 PM EDT
Many prefer the LaRue over the ARMS, due to the ARMS' habit of screws loosening up. That said, I'm still using an ARMS 22M68 with a cantilever spacer to secure my Aimpoint ML2 to my rifle. Once I put some Loc-Tite on the screws, it has never loosened again.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:03:04 PM EDT
M4Madness beat me to it, So what he said.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:07:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bigcraig:

Umm...I think I would make that a +2!

Tom
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:27:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Banzai:

Originally Posted By bigcraig:

Umm...I think I would make that a +2!

Tom

I have both.

I like the LaRue better.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:46:37 AM EDT
also like the larue over the arms
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:47:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 5:49:58 PM EDT by jollyroger]
I currently use the ARMS with the tall spacer, it gives me a good lower 1/3 co-witness. BUT it moves around on me. I noticed I was having to re-sight in my gun everytime I went shooting. At first I blamed it on me removing the aimpoint/mount and remounting it between shoots. So I stopped doing that, but then realized that I could actually move the whole assembly a little bit. So today I took the entire mount apart and put it back together, everything is damned tight now. I was curious if this cured my problems so I pushed on the aimpoint. It still moves! I know it moved because when co-witnessing the dot sits right on top of the front sight post. When I pushed on it the dot moves between the post and wing.
Is this due to there being 3 pieces to the mount? The throw lever piece, the spacer and the ring? I dunno

I will be ordering a Larue shortly.

I know other people, even friends of mine who have never had a problem with theirs, so nothing against ARMS in general, just mine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:30:48 PM EDT
arms offset spacer, degressed all 3 screws before assy and no loctite. 2.5 thousands rounds no signs of loose screws.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:52:55 PM EDT
LaRue - End of discussion.
Top Top