Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:45:39 AM EDT
I would like to mount my Comp ML2 on an M4 flat top for 1/3 cowitnessing.  Between the Larue and the ARMS mount (with tall spacer) - which is better?  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Many prefer the LaRue over the ARMS, due to the ARMS' habit of screws loosening up. That said, I'm still using an ARMS 22M68 with a cantilever spacer to secure my Aimpoint ML2 to my rifle. Once I put some Loc-Tite on the screws, it has never loosened again.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
M4Madness beat me to it, So what he said.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:07:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Umm...I think I would make that a +2!  

Tom  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm...I think I would make that a +2!  

Tom  

I have both.

I like the LaRue better.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#5]
also like the larue over the arms
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I currently use the ARMS with the tall spacer, it gives me a good lower 1/3 co-witness.  BUT it moves around on me.  I noticed I was having to re-sight in my gun everytime I went shooting.  At first I blamed it on me removing the aimpoint/mount and remounting it between shoots.  So I stopped doing that, but then realized that I could actually move the whole assembly a little bit.  So today I took the entire mount apart and put it back together, everything is damned tight now.  I was curious if this cured my problems so I pushed on the aimpoint.  It still moves!  I know it moved because when co-witnessing the dot sits right on top of the front sight post.  When I pushed on it the dot moves between the post and wing.  
Is this due to there being 3 pieces to the mount?  The throw lever piece, the spacer and the ring?  I dunno

I will be ordering a Larue shortly.

I know other people, even friends of mine who have never had a problem with theirs, so nothing against ARMS in general, just mine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
arms offset spacer, degressed all 3 screws before assy and no loctite. 2.5 thousands rounds no signs of loose screws.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
LaRue - End of discussion.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top