Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 7:59:51 AM EDT
Before I plunk down $119 for the Larue mount, I'd like to know if anybody uses this set up and don't like the raised height.  Or is it the cat's meeooww?   Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience on the LRT.  However, have you looked at the YHM eotech riser?  It raises the eotech the same height and costs about $35 new (EE for $25).  If you are just looking to check height, then this would be a cheaper way of going to test.  Mine is very solid and I do not need that extra rail piece on the LRT.  Check out this EE add and offer him $25 for the mount (ee linky).  Just a thought.

Personally, I like the lower third cowitness (same on LRT and YHM).  That is my opion for ME and others will like and dislike.  That is why you have to buy and check for yourself if you like.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it alot
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Also consider how important (or not) it is to you to be able to remove the EO Tech and, when remounted, have it return to zero. That is one of the two major benefits of the Larue mount.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The LaRue EOT mount is good.  I have been running it for almost a year now on my primarily 3Gun rifle.  Returns to zero every time, what more can you ask for?

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Also consider how important (or not) it is to you to be able to remove the EO Tech and, when remounted, have it return to zero. That is one of the two major benefits of the Larue mount.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've had pretty good luck getting return to zero when remounting my 552.  The key is being consistant each time you mount the sight.

The QD latch is a nice feature but I don't remove my EOTech very often so it's not that big a deal for me.

I also have no problems with the front sight getting in the way as it ghosts out when I'm using the EOTech.  Maybe I'm weird but I also like to maintain the same cheekweld with both my irons and my optics so I don't need to raise my EOTech either.

In my case I view the LaRue mount as and interesting well made mount but it's not something I need.

With that being said I guess I will have to change my ways because in the future all the newer revisions will have a raised base...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I like mine alot, had the YHM riser been out when I bought it I probably would have got that to save the money, but I have no complaints. It's a solid peice of gear and works as advertised.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the same kinda mood for a riser, but this just threw me back to the GG&G accucam:

Maybe I'm weird but I also like to maintain the same cheekweld with both my irons and my optics so I don't need to raise my EOTech either.

My thoughts exactly!

If the front sight bothers me, mine folds

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top