Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 5:51:01 PM EDT
I need good quality but somewhat affordable rings/mounts ($100 or under) for a 30 MM scope going onto a long range flat top AR. The scope has a 44mm objective and I dont know what height that would require. The scope is a Simmons Aetec 3.8-12x44. I checked out badger ordinance, but it is rediculously expensive, like $200 for some rings. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
How about the RRA or Armalite scope mount - rings & mount combined into one unit.  It's less than $100 and IIRC they do make a 30mm variant.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How about the RRA or Armalite scope mount - rings & mount combined into one unit.  It's less than $100 and IIRC they do make a 30mm variant.

+1

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have a 1in Armalite mount and it works great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:18:15 AM EDT
[#4]

+1

Armalite 1-piece.  Cruise the EE...always seems to be a couple floating around at a good price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:12:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't realize the AETEC was 30mm.  I always thought they were 1" tubes.

Check out the Armalite Winter Sale.  I  just bought a set of 30mm TWO PIECE rings for $17.  The 1" TWO PIECE rings are $30.

I also bought an Armalite ONE PIECE mount from ADCO.  It shows backordered again, but I got mine in just a few days.  I also got my RRA mount from ADCO, and like it as well.

One thing about the Armalite mounts though...  They are NOT "the same height as irons" like most believe.  They are LOWER than irons, and were designed to sit at the same height as irons on an AR10.  I like mine mounted on a 1/2" riser.  On the riser, the Armalite is the same height as the RRA mount.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I didn't realize the AETEC was 30mm.  I always thought they were 1" tubes.

Maybe it is a 1" tube, I just asumed it was 30mm. Does anybody know what the tube dameter for a 3.8-12x44 Simmons Aetec is> I don't have it w/ me so I can't measure.
Editted for grammar.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a 1".  Check here: SWFA.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I have had good luck with Warne rings and bases. Certainly a good intersection of quality and price.  I am using them on a savage .308/running a leupold 3 x9 ans on A DSA STG 58(FAL) running a vari x III 1.5-5 with no probs whatsoever.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top