Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 4:45:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 4:45:54 PM EDT by marauder]
Who makes one? I need to get it. Anybody have one to sell?Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:55:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 4:57:41 PM EDT by QUIB]
Try searching for the Aimpoint x-wide low mount made by Aimpoint. That’s about as low as they get! Average price is from $18-$20.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:03:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 5:25:00 AM EDT by Onslaught]
The new Burris XTreme 30mm mount may work...

They come in varying heights for different applications...

LOW MED HIGH X-HIGH
.25" | .5" | .75" | 1"

They've got 'em at Midway for $25.99.

edited to add better picture showing the .25" ring.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:36:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Onslaught:
The new Burris XTreme 30mm mount should work, and they come in varying heights.

www.burrisoptics.com/images/tacticalring4.gif

LOW MED HIGH X-HIGH
.25" | .5" | .75" | 1"

I know this pic shows 'em as a pair, but they come as a single.

Those are nice looking mounts but I think the Aimpoint x-wide still has the lowest .25 Burris mount beat.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:39:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By QUIB:

LOW MED HIGH X-HIGH
.25" | .5" | .75" | 1"

Those are nice looking mounts but I think the Aimpoint x-wide still has the lowest .25 Burris mount beat.

+1
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:20:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 5:43:42 AM EDT by Onslaught]
The picture on Midway's site (that I couldn't get to work last night) looks lower than the first examples I posted. I changed the picture in my original post. Those first rings looked like .50" tall to me.

I agree that it still may not be any lower or even as low as than the x-wide, but since several experienced ARFCOM members I tend to trust have expressed some "twisting" issues of the x-wide, I thought some alternatives might be in order. (though my only first hand experience with the x-wide was positive)

I readily and humbly defer all opinions of the x-wide and any other choices to those Aimpoint owners who are certainly more experienced than this EOTech user

LOW MED HIGH X-HIGH
.25" | .5" | .75" | 1"

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:32:10 AM EDT

I agree that it still may not be any lower or even as low as than the x-wide, but since several experienced ARFCOM members I tend to trust have expressed some "twisting" issues of the x-wide, I thought some alternatives might be in order. (though my only first hand experience with the x-wide was positive)

Wow, that’s a new one on me! I’ve never heard that one before. Both my Aimpoint x-wide rings are rock solid. Makes me wonder if those who had loose mounts had out of spec rails?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:47:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 5:54:48 AM EDT by Onslaught]
Funny... and there I thought that was just the "official" ARFCOM opinion on the x-wides. Again, not my experience, but at the time, I remember the user comments were from those who usually tend to be on the money.

I only remember that it was a thread about the RRA "Tactical" carry handle using an Aimpoint. (I also usually know better than to repeat second hand what I "read from someone somewhere".)

Wow, that’s a new one on me! I’ve never heard that one before. Both my Aimpoint x-wide rings are rock solid. Makes me wonder if those who had loose mounts had out of spec rails?

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:20:54 AM EDT

I only remember that it was a thread about the RRA "Tactical" carry handle using an Aimpoint. (I also usually know better than to repeat second hand what I "read from someone somewhere".)

Could have been a problem with the RRA Tac Handle. I know for sure those are not admired much around here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:38:22 PM EDT
I just measured a Aimpoint ring thumb knob ring I have floating around and it is 1/4 inch from the mounting surface to the bottom of the ring which is what it looks like how the Burris rings are measured.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:22:08 PM EDT
Another thing that's worth consideration is that the Aimpoint x-wide has a coin slot so that it can be taken off, if needed, without requiring a socket wrench.
Top Top