Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:10:29 PM EDT
So I read the thread about the Burris XTS 135 and decided I should have one. I got it and turned it on and when I look at the dot it kinda looks jagged around the edges when I look at something far away and when I look at something up close it looks like a cluster of dots... this is with it turned on the lowest power, if I turn up the power it gets worse... is this how red dot sights look or is there something wrong with it??
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:33:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 6:34:33 PM EDT by WolfFox]
There are several threads on this. I got one for Christmas and love it. Very clean, crisp dot. I have no problems at all. Do me a favor. If you have digital camera or can get one take a photo of this and post it because I can't get anyone to post a photo of this happening. One person took a photo of it and the photo didn't show the blurred dots. Some people have a disorder called astigmatism that will cause a dot to do what you are talking about. I’m in no way saying that that is what is happening to you. You may have a defective scope. Thanks

Look here
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=264120&page=1

Others have had the same problem as you. Start at the end of this thread and work back.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=247058
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:54:31 PM EDT
I can't really post a pic... I do where glasses but I had 2 other people with great vision look through the scope and they both said it looked jagged.... or "like an animated sun"
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:00:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 7:00:45 PM EDT by WolfFox]
Don't know what to tell you? If you think it is bad send and back and ask for a new one or get your money back and get something else. Have you looked through other red dots and not had a problem? Like I said mine works great and others on here have liked them, but with everything sometimes there are bad batches. Evidently the XTS-135 has had several from other post on here! I’ll continue to use mine and if it fails I’ll send it back!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:10:43 PM EDT
the only other red dot sites I have looked through where the cheap ones... the dots where not round and I believe where wors than my sight...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:24:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By squiggy:
the only other red dot sites I have looked through where the cheap ones... the dots where not round and I believe where wors than my sight...

I have a $29 BSA Red Dot that I bought at Wally World and the dot on it is clear and crisp, just 5 moa. It really looks excellent too. I had it on my AR15 until I purchased the Burris XTS-135. Not sure what to tell you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:02:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 11:02:11 AM EDT by eric10mm]
You guys should obviously return/sell/crush/bury all of those scopes as they are not Aimpoints and therefore are not worthy of life on this planet.

Of course I'm just kiddin' ya. Remember, if it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:45:05 AM EDT
After reading several of these threads, I'd check your eyes first for this rather than assuming it's a problem with the optic.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:38:04 AM EDT
Also try not to focus on the dot and rather on the target. It should look better, if not, you got a bogus one and should send it back.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:27:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jmart:
After reading several of these threads, I'd check your eyes first for this rather than assuming it's a problem with the optic.

I just went out today and shoot 300 rnds thru my AR with this scope and it keeps its zero and the dot is still crisp ans clear.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:49:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WolfFox:

Originally Posted By jmart:

I just went out today and shoot 300 rnds thru my AR with this scope and it keeps its zero and the dot is still crisp ans clear.

Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:24:17 PM EDT
after much resurch I think I have it figured out. one I was looking at the dot and not the target. allso the lighting was kinda dim... I have decided that I think the problem was the jack-off looking through the sight and not the sight.... thank you everyone for your replies...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:16:30 AM EDT
Well it happened to me! I was cleaning my gun had my glasses off and looked through my Burris XTS-135 cope and saw the dot with smaller dot around it. I put my glasses on and it went away. It is definitely my eyes and not the scope. Burris is going to get a bunch of scopes back that weren’t bad to begin with.
Top Top