Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:48:06 AM EDT
Has anybody tried putting a Butler Creek flip cap on the rear of an ACOG? My only beef with the ACOG's is the fact that there is no protection for the occular lens.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:17:23 AM EDT
Someone posted a thread recently that explained which BC caps to get and how to make them fit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:20:38 AM EDT
I bought my TA-11 used off of the EE it came with a BC flip up cap on the occular end. What do you do to protect the Objective end?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:23:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:
I bought my TA-11 used off of the EE it came with a BC flip up cap on the occular end. What do you do to protect the Objective end?

Does your BC cap have a size number on the inside of it? I'm not as concerned about the objective as it is recessed into the scope. MSTN does sell a machined flip cap for the objective now, though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:27:27 AM EDT

You can put BC cap on the objective if you have a modified Killflash. The thread I mentioned in my previous post also covers that as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:33:30 AM EDT
I took the BC flip up off the TA-11 when I got it, Ill go see if I cna dig it up in my "office" otherwise known as the " Cluster F&*k"
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:19:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Matt_B:

You can put BC cap on the objective if you have a modified Killflash. The thread I mentioned in my previous post also covers that as well.

I found that thread, but the link to the info is dead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:27:58 AM EDT
Check with Trijicon. I just got home from the gun show and while at the PK Firearms booth they had a bikini type cover that was in Trijicon packaging for the ACOGs. I'd never seen them before and I use the scopecoat but I'm sure if you check with PK Firearms or Trijicon they'll be able to tell you more about it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 12:18:05 PM EDT by bjwar10]
Sorry, no idea on the size...my memory is not so good.

It is a see-through BTW.

Top Top