Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:48:06 AM EDT
Has anybody tried putting a Butler Creek flip cap on the rear of an ACOG?  My only beef with the ACOG's is the fact that there is no protection for the occular lens.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone posted a thread recently that explained which BC caps to get and how to make them fit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought my TA-11 used off of the EE it came with a BC flip up cap on the occular end.  What do  you do to protect the Objective end?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bought my TA-11 used off of the EE it came with a BC flip up cap on the occular end.  What do  you do to protect the Objective end?

Does your BC cap have a size number on the inside of it?  I'm not as concerned about the objective as it is recessed into the scope.  MSTN does sell a machined flip cap for the objective now, though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You can put BC cap on the objective if you have a modified Killflash. The thread I mentioned in my previous post also covers that as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I took the BC flip up off the TA-11 when I got it,  Ill go see if I cna dig it up in my  "office" otherwise known as the " Cluster F&*k"
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can put BC cap on the objective if you have a modified Killflash. The thread I mentioned in my previous post also covers that as well.

I found that thread, but the link to the info is dead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Check with Trijicon.  I just got home from the gun show and while at the PK Firearms booth they had a bikini type cover that was in Trijicon packaging for the ACOGs.  I'd never seen them before and I use the scopecoat but I'm sure if you check with PK Firearms or Trijicon they'll be able to tell you more about it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, no idea on the size...my memory is not so good.

It is a see-through BTW.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top