Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 10:42:21 PM EDT
Does anybody have one of these? I was looking for a scope for my newest baby (PTR-91 with collapsing stock 16" barrel) and this looked interesting. I was looking for something lower magnification, "faster", and illuminated.

SWATS ATN

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen this one in person, but I have owned and handled enough ATN scopes to form the opinion that ANYTHING they offer can be found in a smaller, lighter weight, clearer, more functional package for nearly the same money (or less even).

In this case, the IOR 3x25 from CS Gunworks would be my choice over the ATN.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that one is actually cheaper, and I like the looks of it. The only thing that was really interesting about the ATN scope was that its field of view at 100 was 63, that ones field of view is 31 at 100. If you have ever had a pair of really wide angle binoculars they are very easy to look through.

Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
In my experience the ATN glass sucks and almost has a yellow hue to it.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
For the price of that scope you could have yourself a nice compact ACOG...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In my experience the ATN glass sucks and almost has a yellow hue to it.  

That is the kind of info I was looking for, I don't want to drop 700 on a scope that is anything but very good or above in quality.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

A compact ACOG? Have you seen a PTR91? The damn thing weighs like 10 pounds and it is pretty big even though it collapses down.

It would look pretty goofy with a baby scope on top of it, might do it just for the humor part though.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Heck, for the $749.00 that ATN thinks their scope is worth, you could easily get a fullsize Trijicon ACOG TA01B, with .308 reticle. But $749.00 for a frigging ATN? No.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A compact ACOG? Have you seen a PTR91? The damn thing weighs like 10 pounds and it is pretty big even though it collapses down.

It would look pretty goofy with a baby scope on top of it, might do it just for the humor part though.

Min reason fo my suggesting the compact is due to its magnification. The compact is availible in lower magnification which allows for more eye relief which allows for less black eyes they trying to use one of Trijicons high mag scopes. I tend to pick function over looks any day..
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top