Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:12:58 AM EDT
A friend of mine wants to get a 1-4x dot scope but does not have the cash for a trijicon and asked me to ask here what some people have used other than that.  I think $400 is max please let us know what is out there that is similer than the 4x32 Acog.  This will go on a AR-15 either a 20inch or a 16 inch.  We would like all the help that can be given on this subjust.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A friend of mine wants to get a 1-4x dot scope but does not have the cash for a trijicon and asked me to ask here what some people have used other than that.  I think $400 is max please let us know what is out there that is similer than the 4x32 Acog.  This will go on a AR-15 either a 20inch or a 16 inch.  We would like all the help that can be given on this subjust.  Thanks

Is it for personal use or a deployment? He may want to look at the Accupoint, great piece of gear and inside the price range.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a variable, but the IOR M2 is an excellent 4x scope.  It is 30mm dia, not 1", so you will need either the IOR mount for it, or Armalite 30mm base.

It is not a "dot scope", but it does have a nice range finding reticle, which is lit via battery, and built like a freakin' tank.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#3]
perrsonnel use he got a trijion during deploynent but wants something good to play with
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it for personal use or a deployment? He may want to look at the Accupoint, great piece of gear and inside the price range.  

+ 1 on the Accupoint (TR 21).  Keep looking in the EE or the Sample List or just save a smidge more and buy new...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Leupold 1-4x Shotgun Scope - $179 at Natchez.

It is a Leupold, so you know you aren't buying crap. It is built for shotguns, so it stands up to heavy use well. It has a thick post reticle on the outside for fast use; but a thinner reticle in the center for more precision. 1MOA adjustment (not as precise as smaller adjustment; but lets you dial in range faster). I've got a buddy who uses one on an AR and it does very well.

The only downsides to it are no illumination of the reticle for low-light and the eye relief is so long you really need a Larue stule SPR or EER mount to get it forward enough to use. However, since you budget is $400, you could have a top notch return to zero mount with a nice affordable scope.

The Accupoint is a nice scope too; but I doubt he can buy both scope and mount for under $400.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top