Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/12/2006 7:19:07 PM EDT
OK, I just received my EOTEch scope and I have mounted it on my flattop. I followed the instructions and used the allen wrench to tighten it down. But I have a part left over. A bolt with a very large head with a slot in it. There was a slip of paper in the box talking about using this bolt and tightening it with a nickel. But where does it go? There are no holes left and the sight seems firmly mounted on the flattop? Any help will be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:36:09 PM EDT
Think I answered my own question. Saw a picture with one mounted. The bolt with the large head is to replace the allen setup, right?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:50:18 PM EDT
The bolt you're talking about is a YHM after-market part. How did it end up in your box?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:22:17 PM EDT
Eotech is shipping with the YHM big head speed knob in the box now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:59:58 AM EDT
It's your choice. You can use the allen head bolt, or the large "tumb-bolt" to mount your EoTech. I personally use the big head. It's always easier to find a slot than an allen wrench.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:05:49 AM EDT
Thanks, NoAim! You make a good point. I think I'll replace the Allen setup with the big knob, too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:20:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tac2cal:

EOTech is shipping with their own version. The YHM one has a larger knurled part and is a little easier to grab.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:06:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M700Police:

Originally Posted By Tac2cal:

EOTech is shipping with their own version. The YHM one has a larger knurled part and is a little easier to grab.

Yep. EOTech ships the allen head bolt and their own knurled knob with the site. The YHM is a little different.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:07:34 AM EDT
There could be a time when you would want to quickly remove the Eotech and replace it with the original carry handle. This is easier with a coin, the big end of a key, top edge of a knife blade, etc, than with an allen wrench.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:25:31 AM EDT

Yep. EOTech ships the allen head bolt and their own knurled knob with the site. The YHM is a little different.

Thanks guys. I didn't realize that. Learn something new everyday.
Top Top