Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 7:19:07 PM EDT
OK, I just received my EOTEch scope and I have mounted it on my flattop. I followed the instructions and used the allen wrench to tighten it down. But I have a part left over. A bolt with a very large head with a slot in it. There was a slip of paper in the box talking about using this bolt and tightening it with a nickel. But where does it go? There are no holes left and the sight seems firmly mounted on the flattop? Any help will be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Think I answered my own question. Saw a picture with one mounted. The bolt with the large head is to replace the allen setup, right?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The bolt you're talking about is a YHM after-market part.  How did it end up in your box?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Eotech is shipping with the YHM big head speed knob in the box now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
It's your choice. You can use the allen head bolt, or the large "tumb-bolt" to mount your EoTech. I personally use the big head. It's always easier to find a slot than an allen wrench.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:05:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, NoAim! You make a good point. I think I'll replace the Allen setup with the big knob, too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

EOTech is shipping with their own version.  The YHM one has a larger knurled part and is a little easier to grab.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EOTech is shipping with their own version.  The YHM one has a larger knurled part and is a little easier to grab.

Yep. EOTech ships the allen head bolt and their own knurled knob with the site. The YHM is a little different.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#8]
There could be a time when you would want to quickly remove the Eotech and replace it with the original carry handle.  This is easier with a coin, the big end of a key, top edge of a knife blade, etc, than with an allen wrench.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Yep. EOTech ships the allen head bolt and their own knurled knob with the site. The YHM is a little different.

Thanks guys.  I didn't realize that.  Learn something new everyday.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top