Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:36:49 AM EDT
AR15.  Flattop rear, flattop front (no delta front sight).  Very small objective bell scope (ocular is larger than objective).  1" tube.

The concern here is ONLY for proper cheek weld & comfortable/ natural line of sight.  I could easily get by with medium, and possibly low even for the scope, but the scope would be too low for a natural cheek weld / line of sight.  So the choice really is between high and extra-high in all liklihood.  But I want to get the *lowest line of sight possible* yet still have a comfortable and quick sight acquisition, so that makes me inclined to get high, not extra-high.  But if someone's BTDT and can tell me that the plain old high is still a weird/unnaturally low line, then it can save me a headache of shipping back for exchange to get extra-high.   So which one of these:

http://www.bigrivertactical.com/page/page/2409771.htm

Thanks a lot.  

P.S.  Also, would you recommend any other ring as better than these, but in the same general price range?  Thanks.

P.P.S.  Can anyone tell me how to make the above link hypertext for everyone?

hippie.gifh.gif
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#1]
My flatop mounted one piece scope mount is 1.3", so I definately go with the X-High (1") choice there at your link.

Mike

E.T.A. - www.bigrivertactical.com/page/page/2409771.htm

made link hot for ya, simply place ]url["link"]/url[ , with the brackets facing the opposite way to make a link hot.....    
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
LEUPOLD SEE THRU MOUNTS....CORRECT HEIGHT FOR MY 2-7X PLUS THEY HAVE A LITTLE RAKE SO YOU GAIN SOME EYE RELIEF. PN# 55880
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top