Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:09:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 3:09:33 PM EDT by wjwill]
Are any of thier scopes worth mounting on my AR?

Also, how many rounds do you think it would last till something came loose on the inside?

Wesley
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:00:20 PM EDT
The short answer to your question is that there is no way of knowing when a scope will break. All scopes are assembled by hand, so you can have a tech put together a fantastic $99 scope, or someone else botch up a $400 scope much to the dismay of all involved.

The felt recoil for a 7 lb. AR is on the mild side, so there shouldn't be a huge 1000g + shock to the unit.

Go to the range and ask people who are using optics if they wouldn't mind you looking through them. You'll get a good idea of how much magnification you'll want or need.

The other thing is to buy the best you can afford and pay attention to the warranty information.

I apologize for not answering the first part of your question.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:10:52 PM EDT
I had one of those $29 red dots from Wally World on my RRA CAR A4 before I bought the Burris XTS-135 and it worked great. Still working after 500 rnds. Hard to say. Some would, some wouldn't. I don't have a problem with them. But you get what you pay for usually.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:22:54 PM EDT
Mine was a nightmare, I got rid of it. 6-24 platinum series something or other. I had it mounted on my Savage 110 300wm. the power ring would lock up during recoil, the eye relief would change drastically when you did manage to chang power settings, and a good 3-9 power scope could see the target with more clarity at 100 yards than the BA couls at 24 power.

I know others have had good luck with them, but I would run away.

I went with sightron, but alot of folks seem thrilled with their bushnell 3200 series scopes if a budget scope is what you are after.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:28:04 PM EDT
Save your $$$.
Top Top