Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2006 8:37:50 AM EDT
I am looking for the most bang for my buck.
I cannot afford a $1000 scope.
I am waiting for my 18" bull barrel .308 from DPMS.
I am going to use this rifle for mostly deer hunting.
What Power?
What objective?
Where to buy?
Thanks for any info...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Shameless plug....

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=313355

This was on my AR10 less than 100 rounds...then I got a TA11 and decided I needed money more than this scope sitting in the safe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am looking for the most bang for my buck.
I cannot afford a $1000 scope.
I am waiting for my 18" bull barrel .308 from DPMS.
I am going to use this rifle for mostly deer hunting.
What Power?
What objective?
Where to buy?
Thanks for any info...

Kingfisher where are you at in Wisconsin? Whats the hunting area look like. I hunt out on the west side of the state in Vernon and Crawford counties lots of bluffs and woods. I found that a 1-4 works great in the woods(or for anything really) so does a 2.5-10.  You really don't want to go over 10 power on the top end at least I don't like it(I use a 4-14x50 IOR on one of the guns I hunt with).

The 1-4 I use is a 1-4x20 leupold VXII. It replaced a 3-9x40 tasco. I love it on the 06 and this was the first year I used it on the 06 for hunting. It gave me more then enough magnification when I needed it and at lower power (1-2) it was nice and fast to come up. I swap this thing out between my 30-06 and my AR. Once I pick up a new 1-4 for the AR the Leupold will stay on the 06.

The 2.5-10 was a Nikon Monarch Gold with 50mm objective. It was on barrowed gun, good optic though from what I could tell, it's about $600 though. Don't know if thats in yer price range.

Another option would be a good quality 3-9x40 Leupold/nikon as long as it's a quality brand. The only traditional scopes I use are IOR and Leupold.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks alot.
I hunt north west of Oshkosh, Fremont area.
Flat land , some trees, lots of corn.
So a 3-9 x 40 to 44  is what your suggesting...
Thanks great.
I am looking at Mueller scopes so far.
Mueller Sport Dot™
I have not decided yet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I just came along a nice scope, what do you all think of the Trijicon AccuPoint?
3-9x40mm
Trijicon
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just came along a nice scope, what do you all think of the Trijicon AccuPoint?
3-9x40mm
Trijicon

Try using the SEARCH feature and you'll find a few threads (thread 1 thread 2 thread 3 thread 4) with good info on the AccuPoint, and probably most other optics you find as well.

Search always gives me something to read while I'm waiting for responses to my questions.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top