Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 1:25:38 AM EDT
I'm debating on whether to spend money on another suppressor or an NV scope, same as last year but the cans won.   How cheap can I get away with one that isnt garbage?   I figure I'd like to spot coyote size critters at up to 150m or so.   I remember using an old ANPVS4 and liked the unit but it was 16 years ago I last picked one up.    I dont really remember the ins and outs of the unit.  

I'd be putting this on a flattop midlength and would prefer some QD style mount to take off for daylight use.   Also prefer some sort of filter so I can sight the scope in during daylight hours without damage to the tube.  ( if it's even needed)  

I am not opposed to using an IR illuminator if needed.  Also would not mind a monocular if it could be used in conjunction with an Eotech 552.  

Is there an NV for dummies I can read someplace?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You can start reading and ask the question here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=237460
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I read through a bunch of it but frankly sifting through 16 pages of the high dollar stuff didnt get me anywhere.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you answered your own question.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top