Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2006 2:37:53 PM EDT
Called this vendor, he is getting in the TacPoint single mount Hakko dot sights in about two weeks. These are not to be confused with the lesser quality Blue Ring models that are made in China. These models are much better, read the link. Just thought I'd pass this along, cut and paste the link.

http://www.shotplus.com/shop/product.php?productid=16157&cat=253&page=1

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I give up, what makes a clone lesser quality than its cloned siblings, aside from internet rumor?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I give up, what makes a clone lesser quality than its cloned siblings, aside from internet rumor?

Stick,
You must have meant better. .
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Well figured I'd post a link in case someone was interested. I might buy a couple for some of my rifles given that these are made by a reputable optics producer. Some guys don't have the money to throw down on the better glass but if they can get a decent optic for a reasonable price then it is worth looking into. These are the ones that are made by Hakko in Japan not the Blue Label Chinese ones. The difference being these are shockproof, waterproof, and probably would hold up better. I have owned two Hakko scopes for my bolt guns which have held up under repeated hunting trips in all kinds of weather and they worked just fine. These TacPoints are nitrogen filled, sealed, shockproof, etc. Are they Aimpoint? No. Would they work in almost all conditions that an Aimpoint would work in? Yes. And for those super armchair commando's you can even go swimming with the things if you like. Can you buy three for the price of an Aimpoint? Yes which is my point and the reason for me posting this link.

Creeper  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top