Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/31/2005 9:46:17 PM EDT
Ok... I plan on buying a TA01 ACOG for my flattop 20" Bushmaster, but I still have a standard Tower FSB... If I was planning on attatching the scope to the flattop (not the handle), would the FSB cloud up the picture, or does it just mirage as a slight blur?

Also, could someone post a link or pictures of actual pictures taken THROUGH ACOGs to see the reticles? I did a search and found 2 topics but they were both ones asking the for the pictures as well lol, I know I've seen threads around that show pictures looking through the optics but I can't remember what they were.

Thanks again all.

-Covert
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:27:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 12:31:15 AM EDT by chuck1]
I just bought a TA01 a few months ago and put it on my 20in upper. I can see blurry shadow of the FSB towards the bottom of the scope but it doesn't bother me.

ETA there is a thread with pics of most ACOG reticles (and quite a few other scopes)a few people took but a member will have to find it as it appears to be older than 30 days old. I used it for research when I was buying mine so it must be about 4 or 5 months old.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:57:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 6:01:30 AM EDT by TrijiCog]
It is kind of blurry,but you have to look for it.Once you see it,you will notice it more.It doesn't bother me at all.

just mirage as a slight blur?

That pretty much sums it up.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:02:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 10:04:24 AM EDT by Covert8645]
Awesome, thanks for the input guys.

-Covert

ETA: If any member could find that pic thread it'd be very helpful to the decision on which ACOG I'm getting, thanks. (Although I've taken a shine to the TA01 and TA01NSN's)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:34:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Covert8645:
Ok... I plan on buying a TA01 ACOG for my flattop 20" Bushmaster, but I still have a standard Tower FSB... If I was planning on attatching the scope to the flattop (not the handle), would the FSB cloud up the picture, or does it just mirage as a slight blur?

Also, could someone post a link or pictures of actual pictures taken THROUGH ACOGs to see the reticles? I did a search and found 2 topics but they were both ones asking the for the pictures as well lol, I know I've seen threads around that show pictures looking through the optics but I can't remember what they were.

Thanks again all.

-Covert

Originally Posted By Covert8645:
Awesome, thanks for the input guys.

-Covert

ETA: If any member could find that pic thread it'd be very helpful to the decision on which ACOG I'm getting, thanks. (Although I've taken a shine to the TA01 and TA01NSN's)

a big +1
for someone finding the thread.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:10:07 PM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:34:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2006 5:37:48 PM EDT by TrijiCog]
I have no idea why,but that thread is gone.I thought it was a great bit of info since it helped me decide on which reticle to get.

The link was in the "optic faq's" tacked at the top of this forum,but it just linked back to this forum.I also searched 1 year of archives and 3 months worth of current stuff,and no luck.

I want my 20 minutes back dammit!! or maybe my searching skills are weak.I searched "acog" and didn't come up with that thread.

Come to think of it,I think it was mostly the same guy who took all the pics.So maybe his photohost exceeded the bandwidth limit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:42:54 PM EDT
Hmm, well... Would it be wrong to request another ACOG Reticle Picture thread?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:43:41 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:45:35 AM EDT
its a slight blur to the right of the reticle.

not noticeable when shooting but if you look for it you will see it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:03:09 AM EDT
BTT

We Want Pix
Top Top