Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:20:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 11:21:41 AM EDT by matthewdanger]
I recently picked up an IOR M2 with the CQB reticle. It is a great piece of glass for the money, however there is a frustrating lack of accessories for this scope. I wanted a killflash that fit but could not find one. So I made my own. I am not sure how many of you are running the IOR M2, but hopefully this will help someone.

Here is what you need:
- 1 size 4 optic cover complete with Tenebraex killFLASH (from Quake Industries)
- 1 IOR factory original rubber scope cap (objective end)
- a knife or scissors
- adhesive

Here are the steps:
1. Remove the factory original objective cover from the M2. It slides off in the direction of the objective end of the scope.

NOTE: The factory original objective cover is one piece but consists of three main parts: the cap, the rubber ring that holds the cover on the scope, and the hinge that connects the cap and ring.

2. Remove the ring from the factory objective cover by cutting where the hinge meets the ring. Trim any remaining pieces of the hinge off of the ring as neatly as possible.

3. Apply adhesive to the outside of the ring.

NOTE: Use an adhesive that is safe for bonding rubber to rubber.

4. Insert the ring into the interior of the Bushwacker size 4 objective cover. Let the adhesive cure. The ring should slide into the Bushwacker so that it is pretty close to flush.

5. Enjoy your new killFLASH.



You now have a proper killFLASH that is perfectly fit to your IOR M2. I hope this helps some of you.

Matt
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:16:44 AM EDT
One more thing to add... It works best if you use an adhesive that will stay flexible when it has dried. Rubber cement seems to work well.

Matt
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:53:21 PM EDT
You can also stretch some sheer pantyhose over the objective lens, install the lens cover, and then trim the excess. Much cheaper, easier, and does the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:30:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Zardoz:
You can also stretch some sheer pantyhose over the objective lens, install the lens cover, and then trim the excess. Much cheaper, easier, and does the same thing.



Nice! Now that is a good trick. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:01:14 PM EDT
Some pics of the project:

Here is how it looks with the scope cap closed.


Now open.


Here you can see how the rubber ring from the original cap is glued inside the new cap. I used Rubber cement since a flexible/water-resistant bond is a must. I glued it in place and then used several paper clips to clamp it until it dried.
Top Top