Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:22:55 PM EDT
Santa Claus left a scope for my AR under the christmas tree, but theres one problem: the "extra high" rings he also left don't provide enough rise (or eye relief) for a good cheek weld.

I quick search online shows the Yankee Hill 5" riser

I am thinking that mounting that will give enough rise (1/2 inch) and eye relief for good use. Since cash is tight (like always) I can't afford a Larue SPR mount or anything tacticool

What is the story with these extensions? I know they aren't vouge, but are they functional?
The search feature turns up nothing, so I imagine there's no problems???
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#1]
i have seen pictures of other people using them and they seem to be working.

i rec. brightflashlights for yhm stuff. great guy to deal with along with great prices. can be found in the industry forum
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had no issues with mine, seems to work just fine.

When I first got it I figured it might not be solid enough, but it is very solid (I have not performed any drop tests however).

If you really wanted to remove any doubt, you could get a .5 in mini riser and mount your rear mount on that and then mount the front mount on the extension. This was my original plan, but I have not had any issue with the extension alone so I've stuck with it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Ridge,
Your picture is exactly what I was envisioning with my scope. Looks like YHM it is

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 7" long riser like the one pictured above. It worked out fine when I used it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on mine (BM), and it's very solid. IMHO, it's the best thing going in a 1-pc riser/extension; inexensive, but solid as a rock. ARMS rings & mounts tend to fit a little too tightly though (as in, unable to close the lever without a hammer), and require the cams to be filed down just a hair.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top