Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:01:57 AM EDT
This one:

They go for around $75.  I'm looking to replace a post-ban lug-less FSB.  Any really good reason to stay away from this one or to pay more for something else?

I mean apart from the fact that there's no good reason to go with a flip up front sight rather than a fixed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#1]
they work
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Great! I am doing the same thing and have the same questions regarding these 2 gas block buis I have been researching.

Besides the price,what are the major differances between the GG&G front tactical FU sight and the YHM ? Is the GG&G worth the $100 extra ?

Besides YHM and GG&G,are there any other manufacturers making front flip up gas block bayo lug sights ?Also,will there be any problems with the gas block on either one of these sights and the LaRue 7.0 ?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one, but I sold the upper to someone that wanted it before I could fire it.  

I think once it's on, it isn't coming off once loctite is applied.

I'm planning to get another.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I had one, but I sold the upper to someone that wanted it before I could fire it.  

I think once it's on, it isn't coming off once loctite is applied.

I'm planning to get another.

How is the YHM secured ?From the pics I have seen,it looks like Allen head bolts.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#5]

How is the YHM secured ?From the pics I have seen,it looks like Allen head bolts.

Yes, it's secured by four allen screw underneath.  

To line up the sight with the receiver, you can unscrew the front sight post and screw in a piece of USGI M16 cleaning rod, then use an "L" square against the upper receiver flat.  It makes for a perfect alignment as you tighten down the screws.  I use a similar procedure for barreling FALs:

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the YHM because of the price and features but would really like a gas block with flip up front sight that pinned on and doesn't cost nearly $200. Anybody make one?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like my YHM front sight.  It was part of the 4 rail kit they install on your upper.  Just noticed that they actually have that on sale now

YHM Forearm Kits  
Available in lightweight and solid kits. Each kit includes: Lightweight or Solid Forearm, End Cap (YHM-9484-A), Front Flip Sight Tower (YHM-9394).

Don't have a better pic, but you can see the results on my AR...

EPOCH

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top