Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:20:50 AM EDT
They are not, really. Especially at close distances of say 10 meters.

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/dotsight.htm

Please, tell me I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:33:55 AM EDT
At close distances they do have paralax. Try to hold your head in the same spot every time while you shoot. Its not a big deal at that close a range.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:43:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
At close distances they do have paralax. Try to hold your head in the same spot every time while you shoot. Its not a big deal at that close a range.

It's a big deal if you've mounted one on a high powered airgun and are trying to put all the pellets through the same hole at 10 meters. I guess I'll stick with magnified scopes with adjustable AO for that. Dang! Thought it would be fun to try my EoTech on it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:50:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2005 10:51:16 AM EDT by Yojimbo]
No optic can be 100% parallax free at all distances.

All optics have parallax correction set for a certain distance, this is generally shorter on 1x optics and longer on magnified optics.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:56:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DaPhotoGuy:

It's a big deal if you've mounted one on a high powered airgun and are trying to put all the pellets through the same hole at 10 meters. I guess I'll stick with magnified scopes with adjustable AO for that. Dang! Thought it would be fun to try my EoTech on it.

Ah. I thought we were talking ARs here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:58:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DaPhotoGuy:

Ah. I thought we were talking ARs here.

Ok, I'm shooting my AR at 10 meters trying to put all the bullets through one hole.
Top Top