Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:55:49 PM EDT
I'm trying to find an inexpensive compromise for a sight that's both quick to use, good for short-range plinking, and useful for longer-range targets as well. I can't afford a $400-$1000 piece of glass for my rifle, since I'm sinking all my available funds into building it, buying magazines, buying reloading components and a reloading press. The TruGlo red dot looks ideal for my needs (plinking, rabbits, raccoons, coyotes, eventually mounted on a 6.8mm SPC upper for deer next fall). Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:57:16 PM EDT
I bought one, all excited, when they first came out. I put it on a .22 pistol and then on my 10/22 rifle. It was crap on both of them. The view was fuzzy at times, When it would clear up, it would often fuzz after I fired. Open sights were FAR more accurate at the 40 and 50 yds I was shooting. Sad.

I'm not sure if it is a dud or if all of them suck this bad, but I guess it was just too good to be true to get a 2X red dot for under $100. I feel like a sucker for buying this thing.

Want to make an offfer on it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:28:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Remander:
I bought one, all excited, when they first came out. I put it on a .22 pistol and then on my 10/22 rifle. It was crap on both of them. The view was fuzzy at times, When it would clear up, it would often fuzz after I fired. Open sights were FAR more accurate at the 40 and 50 yds I was shooting. Sad.

I'm not sure if it is a dud or if all of them suck this bad, but I guess it was just too good to be true to get a 2X red dot for under $100. I feel like a sucker for buying this thing.

Want to make an offfer on it?

I experienced the same thing. Same damn story.
Top Top