Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/21/2005 7:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 7:11:05 PM EDT by pepperbelly]
If I remove the carry handle to mount a scope what do I do about the front sight?
Should I mount a BUIS to replace the carry handle/rear sight?
If I remove the front sight do I need a flip up front sight?
If I remove the fsb will I need to do anything about the gas block assy. or handguards?
BTW it's a 20" HBAR with an A2 buttstock, if that makes any difference.
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:33:06 AM EDT
the front sight hold the handguard cap, usually if there's a front sight then its usually used as a gas block as well.

the rest is up to you, its your rifle and only you know what you plan on doing with it.

if you dont need a buis then dont get one.
if you dont want a front sight replace it or cut it off leaving the gas block portion
if you need a buis then put one in place of the carry handle.
do you still want to use irons with the front sight? replace it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:46:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2005 4:48:39 AM EDT by mr_wilson]

Originally Posted By pepperbelly:
If I remove the carry handle to mount a scope what do I do about the front sight?

Unless your intending mounting a low powered scope (below 4x) the scope will look thru the FSB and you'll not see it.

Should I mount a BUIS to replace the carry handle/rear sight?

I would, but that's me. Find one that'll mount underneath your scope

If I remove the front sight do I need a flip up front sight?

Sorry I'm a FSB guys and prefer my ARs have the FSB, instead of the flip-up front BUIS.

If I remove the fsb will I need to do anything about the gas block assy. or handguards?
BTW it's a 20" HBAR with an A2 buttstock, if that makes any difference.

Yes, the standard FSB is the gas block on ARs, you'll have to replace it with a low profile gas block and go w/ a FF tube (replacement for the HGs) mounted front BUIS or get a gas block with a pictinny rail on it. Note: HG cap is an issue too as pointed out above.

Thanks,
Jim

Mike
Top Top