Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/21/2005 8:24:24 AM EDT
Okay basically is what I am wanting is a cheaper optic on my RRA 9mm. I can't afford an ACOG, Eotech, Aimpoint, or anything of that nature. I have my eye on a Tac-point as I can get one for 100 bucks. However, I also need a BUIS that will work well with the Tac-point. Finally, what mount will I need for the Tac-point to allow me to use it with the BUIS. I am new to AR's, so I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Blaker
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:40:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:07:07 AM EDT
Hi. I think that any of the good BUIS are probley going to run as much as the tackpoint. I have had mine with the cantaliver mount on my flat top .223 in front of a LMT Buis. Wich I got of the EE for about $80 and that seamead to work fine. I also have a set of Knight ras rails on my 9 mm RRA upper and a A2 sight it works great on that. Hopefully some help.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 2:31:50 PM EDT by ipschoser1]
The new Burris dot would be great on a 9, if you could swing a little more. The Aimpoint QRP (Railgrabber) would probably be the cheapest "good" mount. As for the BUIS, I'm an ARMS fan. A YHM sight would save a few $$$ though, and their stuff I've used has been entirely acceptable. I haven't used the rear sight though, front flip up only, handgaurds, etc.
Top Top