Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2005 8:03:47 AM EDT
I know ive tried this in the past, but never commited any of it to memory.  Anyone else done the following, recently ?

I have a scope on my AR that has just a standard "30-30" style reticle.  I know its a tough guess, but where  would you guess aproximate hold-over points would be for say 300,400 and 500yds ?  I havent fired this rifle over 100 yds yet, so it will be interesting to find out when i get to my long distance range.

Im guesstimating (based on looking at another scope with mildot reticle i have) on the following:
300yds - about 1/4 way down on the lower reticle
500 yds - about 1/2 way down on the lower reticle

This using m193

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
What distance is it zeroed at?

What is the hieght over bore? (is it the same as the irons like with an Armalite mount?)

What is the muzzle velocity out of your barrel?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it a Duplex or a simple single width reticle?
If it is a Duplex, how much does the fine line cover up at 100 yds?
Cheers.
Scouts Out
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#3]
What is a 'standard' or '30-30' reticule?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What is a 'standard' or '30-30' reticule?

Duplex.  I think Tasco calls them the "30/30".
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Onslaught is correct.  Tasco, now owned by Bushnell originally called their duplex a 30-30 reticle and had to do with range estimation on whitetail deer size game.  I imagine that could probably be translated to a center mass size target area as well. I do not rmember the specifics however.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top