Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2005 11:12:14 AM EDT
Saw the side by side picture reviews of the Aimpoint replica...

Anyone have any pictures of an authentic Trijicon ACOG next to an ACOG replica?

Thought that the ACOGs might feel left out :-)

-Covert
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno.....people that buy real ACOGs probably wouldn't buy fake ones for kicks, I know I wouldn't use it if a knockoff were given to me
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I dunno.....people that buy real ACOGs probably wouldn't buy fake ones for kicks, I know I wouldn't use it if a knockoff were given to me

+1
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
They'd make a good target to shoot at.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
This is AR15.com, not a "Replica" or Airsoft forum.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Tannerite is more fun
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#6]
clone thread starters should be banned
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
And threads about them quickly locked.    Too much clone shit going on in here lately.    Remember the TacPoint days?   Instant lock.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not that I care to buy one...

I just saw the one for the Aimpoint clone, and figured if ANYONE had an authentic ACOG 'and' a clone one, that it may steer people away from buying the fake ones if they're as fucked as they're claimed to be.

Pictures speak louder than words sometimes. Just figured it'd give the people who are debating weither or not to get a replica a vivid second opinion.

Oh well, fuck it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And threads about them quickly locked.    Too much clone shit going on in here lately.    Remember the TacPoint days?   Instant lock.

I miss those days.

J/K

What exactly has happened to "Those Days"? Has their been a change in policy?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:32:36 AM EDT
[#11]
This is an ACOG:

This is an ACOG clone:
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:53:38 AM EDT
[#12]
 I think you would probably see more around if they were closer in price to the Aimpoint clone. 75 expendable bucks for a toy isn't bad but 185 for a toy is just no fun. One of the guy's here on the board received one from Erape in place of the real thing. He ended up receiving the real ACOG and kept the clone, told me it was a pretty nice copy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Clone Wars BS

There is a lot of BS snobbery here about clones by guys who are not kicking in doors or fighting in the sandbox. If I a person chooses to spend megabucks on an ACOG, though only shooting at a range once a month, then he's cool. If he chooses to buy an ACOG clone to do the same then he's a dumb airsofter wannabees.

There are many different levels of shooters. Some just want to stroke each other off over owning real ACOGS and Aimpoints, or the latest greatest optics, that fine by me.  But don't knock other shooters, who know they will only be using their guns for fun. For trying something less expensive than—the "End All, Real Deal."

I didn't buy my AR to fight off hajjis, vampires or zombies, I use my shotgun for that...hat

regards,

Luis Leon
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Those M-4gerieys you are shooting are clones as well.  Should those who shoot them be banned?  AR-15's are NOT M-16's!  What's the big deal if someone wants to save several hundred bucks?  Quite frankly the tone on the ACOG copy threads have become a bit caustic, and pompous...
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry.  I don't care for clone rip offs of American products.  To each his own.  What ever floats your boat.

Clones are not nice.

This is nice:

This is very nice:

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Sorry.  I don't care for clone rip offs of American products.  To each his own.  What ever floats your boat.

Clones are not nice.

This is nice:

img530.imageshack.us/img530/2088/trimount6jx.th.jpg

This is very nice:

img514.imageshack.us/img514/4157/kellyclarkson9vm.th.png

I think you have it all backwards. IMO....

Hard to get:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2088/trimount6jx.th.jpg

Easier to get:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4157/kellyclarkson9vm.th.png

Anyways, back to the subject...

I don't think it's that big of a deal if someone wants a clone because they don't want to dish out several hundred $$ to be an authentic elite armchair commando. For plinking at the range the clones fill that role well without having some ugly BSA red dot hanging off their rifle. If thats all you plan to do then get a clone. Anything else outside of casual plinking then get the real deal.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top