User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
anyone using the Reflex with the handle drop in mount?  if so, can you post a pic?

Not anymore, but I did several years ago:

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a even sturdier handle mount, the arms #39 is rock solid, but you have to buy the low arms mount for the reflex as well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine, but there are better sights out now - like the Eotech, compact ACOG......
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#4]
i have one mounted on my 9mm ar and it works very well within the limitations of that weapon. you really have to use them out doors to get a fair evaluation its alot brighter in sunlight
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been using a Reflex II for over two years.  It's mounted on my rifle that I use at work as a police officer.  I do not use the polarizing filter.  Frankly I don't have any problems with it.  The situations that tend to wash out the triangle make the sights real easy to pick up.  I'm not afraid to use irons .  

Most of my shifts are worked during the hours of darkness.    The big reason I like it is no batteries.  I've come to find out that every where I go at work I have a partner and his name is Murphy.  I figure the simpler the sight, the less chance I'll have for it to go buns up. I've only had one problem with the sight  thus far.  One afternoon last winter at a barricaded gunman I was working my way around a pine tree and a big ball of snow fell right on my sight filling up the hole that emits the light for the triangle.  It was a pain to clean out.  I just knocked the snow off it and had to use the irons.  Fortunately, I cleaned the lenses with an anit-fog cloth.  This enabled me to see the iron sights.

I have to admit, I've been looking at the ACOG's, not because I'm dissatisfied with the Reflex II, the ACOG's are just a darn nice sight!  One of the big pluss for the Reflex II with the goose neck mount is that being between the carrying handle and the front sights provides a modicum of protection, where as the ACOG's sit on top of the carry handle.  Flat tops are not an option as my department mandates the A2 style rifle.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Henny,

I know Murphy and he sucks ass. When he's not with you, he hangs around me.

Never thought about snow blocking the emitter.  I guess that's why I have a buis on mine.

You either like them or you don't.

If Maricopa County Sheriff's Office authorizes dot optics, I'll use mine on my Colt. If not, I'll be using the detach carry handle.

Good luck, keep safe out there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top