Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the weapons mount pictured the only mount avalible for this NVD? Also how much is it and how much is the swing arm for head and helmet mounting? I am taking a swag here but normal PVS 14 mounts and arms will not work on this correct?

IPSC_GUY

P.S. new-arguy, these things just "make you think" you can see in the dark and they drain the wallet like you can't imagine.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So no one answered my question! Are you guys telling me that with this thing I can see in the dark!?!?

Is this a trick question???? You can already see in the dark, this will let you see  better!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#10]
If your worried about tube quality put a ANVIS tube in your 6015. The ANVIS tubes have always been better than the PVS tubes. It's that whole Aviators get better gear thing again. The ANVIS tubes have better signal to noise ratioand depending on which OMNI grade you have some are 72 LPM...

As for the Weapons mount. Till they get something that hangs the NVD "over" the folded down BUIS the whole shooting match is off for me. (Hell what am I saying I am not getting one of these anytime soon) The fact that I can put my PVS 14 over my Knights 600M rear sight with out doing anything more than engaging the throw lever on the PRI mount is for me a HUGE advantage. I can't imagine having to take off your rear sight every day at sunset. That is begging to loose your BUIS if ya ask me.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone tried the ARMS PVS-14 mount yet? I know it is out already.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#12]
ok, probably a stupid question, but I don't know the answer and am looking into a (probably much lower end) night vision scope.  How do night vision scopes deal with muzzle flash?  I was under the impression that bright light would damage most tubes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It is a good unit. Overall design reflects the improvement of the PVS-14.

Quoted:
I have use the M.U.M already, really great!hr

Interesting to know you have tried it in TWN (Taiwan?).

In the U.S., not Taiwan.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:44:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:24:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

M.S.T.N. IS WORKING WITH A MAJOR PLAYER IN THE NIGHT VISION GAME ON A WEAPON-GRADE VISIBLE LASER WITH A RHEOSTAT. THE PURPOSE OF THE RHEOSTAT IS TO BE ABLE TO CRANK THE VISIBLE LASER DOWN TO THE POINT IT CAN ONLY BE SEEN EFFECTIVELY WITH NIGHT VISION, JUST LIKE THE DOT IN A NIGHT VISION-CAPABLE AIMPOINT OR EOTHING. SUCH A DEVICE WOULD BE IDEAL FOR CIVILIAN APPLICATION.

Interesting concept.  Although I don't foresee myself dropping the cash on NV anytime in the near (or distant, for that matter) future, an adjustible visible laser might just be a justifiable addition, with or without NV.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the infor Wes. Keep us updated on the progress. I would love to find a way to make this unit work with the LaRue EOTech mount and BUIS
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top